PDA

View Full Version : Tribotone slides

piebaldpython
July 10th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Just took delivery of 2 Tribotone slides....19 and 22 mm ID with a length of 47mm (1.85 inches).

http://www.tribotone.com/ No affiliation. I have two of their dynamic tone-bars (for lap slide) and once I heard Tribotone was making slides......well, it was a no brainer.

Objectively, when compared to similar slides of the same size....The Tribotones are noticeably heavier than Paloma Stone Slides, a bit heavier than Diamond Bottleneck Ultimate slide but lighter than a Kirk Lorange machined brass slide.

Also, in terms of OD, the Tribotones are just a smidge narrower than the Palomas. This makes for a very streamlined shape and you don't feel that you are wielding a huge clunk of whatever around on your finger.

Subjectively.......Very clean bell-like sound, no coloring of the sound. Not sterile sounding mind you. Greatly reduced string noise. Really sounds great in the upper registers of the wound strings and on the bass strings. If you drop it, it doesn't break.

Excellent slide for acoustic, resonator or electric guitar. Really brings out the mid-range tones. Glad to have these in my slide box. The kind of slide or tone-bar that you'd pick if you could only have ONE on a desert island.

Tig
July 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Checked them out on their website.
Looks like I'll have to improve my slide playing quite a bit to make the cost worth it... Buying one for me would be like putting $10,000 dubs on a Yugo!