PDA

View Full Version : FuzzBubble-45

Brian Johnston
July 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Sorry, no video, but an audio clip:

An instrumental using the FuzzBubble-45 pedal direct into a clean amp (Egnater Rebel-30 head). Besides some echo, the only other thing I used was a Wah, which does color the sound somewhat. A cool pedal, the FuzzBubble combines the sounds of Pete Townsend on one side and Jimi Hendrix on the other. I have Pete sandwiched between Jimi (into and ending). I did not try to emulate their sounds, but applied what I liked for the song I wrote. You can get a huge range of tones from this pedal and it has a very tube-like sound... rich and warm and analog. I'll be writing a review on the product in the near future.

Other equipment... playing a Reverend 'Unknown Hinson Signature' guitar (has a very dark sound, far from bright and ideal for rock and even metal); I have the Harmonic Capo at fret 5 (every time I hit an open string, I get an octave higher and it is a harmonic... lots of harmonics in this song, but they are played fast enough and with enough drive/distortion that many are not that audible unless you listen closely). Around 1:15 I wanted some feedback, and so I used the Vibesware Guitar Resonator for that.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/logicbdj/music/all/play1024129

guitartango
July 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hi Brian

There are some nice clips on youtube, I love the Townsend sounds.

Brian Johnston
July 20th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Yes, those clips sold me on trying this pedal. If it sounded that good through cheap computer speakers, then I thought it would be a great sound live, and it is.

Brian Johnston
July 25th, 2011, 06:49 PM
The FuzzBubble-45 is one of the most authentic pedals I have used. You can really get those old 60s and 70s 'tube amp breaking up' sounds even at low levels. I put this piece together today (just riffed away) with some Townsend stuff at the beginning and end with some Jimi stuff in the middle. Nothing else was used except an Egnater amp (clean channel) and a Schecter tele style guitar. I didn't even play around with the knobs that much, which allows quite a variety of tones, distortion and fuzz. And any feedback sounds are courtesy of the Vibesware Guitar Resonator (GR-1).

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/logicbdj/music/all/play1027350