PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I 'm new guy here, I need some help about endorsement

GMM
July 19th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I'm new guy in this forum, I'm guitarist about 10 years. Now I found one guitar amp manufacturer http://www.kldguitar.com want endorsement. so I want to be their endorsement. Some people can tell you how can I do to obtain this position, and what things I need know as endorsement. What things manufacturer provide to endorsement.Thanks

FrankenFretter
July 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I'm new guy in this forum, I'm guitarist about 10 years. Now I found one guitar amp manufacturer http://www.kldguitar.com want endorsement. so I want to be their endorsement. Some people can tell you how can I do to obtain this position, and what things I need know as endorsement. What things manufacturer provide to endorsement.Thanks

Hmmm, send them some demos, and a list of the venues you've played and will be playing? Honestly, I don't know.

guitartango
July 20th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Sorry but I read this as kidguitar.com. Not sure if this guy is trying to advertise the website or not.

FrankenFretter
July 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Sorry but I read this as kidguitar.com. Not sure if this guy is trying to advertise the website or not.

I was thinking the same exact thing, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of a doubt. You're probably right, though.

GMM
July 22nd, 2011, 12:55 AM
I have received his application of endorsement, Did you received? I think he is serious.

Commodore 64
July 22nd, 2011, 06:10 AM
Look at the keywords on this image.

http://www.lucky-cricket.com/files/china.png

Read some of the text. It's not New Zealand, Australian, American, or UK english. It's bad copy. This is a Chinese rip off. There's also no prices posted.

guitartango
July 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
To be honest i would rather stick to a British or USA amp maker.

GMM
July 24th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Look at the keywords on this image.

http://www.lucky-cricket.com/files/china.png

Read some of the text. It's not New Zealand, Australian, American, or UK english. It's bad copy. This is a Chinese rip off. There's also no prices posted.
What 's problem of Chinese amp? fender and marshell are made in china also.why cann't we endorse for them?

Eric
July 24th, 2011, 06:42 AM
What 's problem of Chinese amp? fender and marshell are made in china also.why cann't we endorse for them?
I don't get the comparisons to Fender and Marshall, since those are just doing some manufacturing over there. It's different than a Chinese company.

That being said, I'm not sure I understand why it would be bad to endorse a Chinese company. They're not pretending to be anyone else, so it seems fine to me. Back to your original point, you could try to contact them via email or letter and see if they will tell you what they want from an endorser. I hope you figure it out.

guitartango
July 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Nothing wrong with buying from China, most electrical items are built there anyway. Would like to see some prices on the website and maybe a decent translator.

Good luck with the endorsement.

Brian Krashpad
July 26th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Ni hao!

Commodore 64
July 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM
If GMM is honestly looking to get endorsed by this company, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

This is spam, not even the low-fat/low-salt kind (which tastes pretty good). He's trying to get exposure for a shady chinese brand and website.

Eric
July 26th, 2011, 11:06 AM
If GMM is honestly looking to get endorsed by this company, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

This is spam, not even the low-fat/low-salt kind (which tastes pretty good). He's trying to get exposure for a shady chinese brand and website.
Perhaps. That was my initial impression too. I just like to be a pain in the *** and go in the other direction sometimes, which in this case involves giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Duffy
July 27th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I'd probably be surprised at the number of people here that have endorsements that could possibly help him, if they bought into his story.

He seems like a fly by night character, but might just have a major language barrier that makes it look like he is running some kind of angle.

I wonder if he even understands the idioms I have used?

FretOvaIt
July 27th, 2011, 07:52 AM
hey! yah...prob have to do a demo

jpfeifer
August 4th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I only know a few people who have had product endorsement arrangements with gear manufacturers. I've never heard of any of them sending an application to a person who they wanted the endorsement from. It's normally more informal, where the manufacturer and the artists already have some kind of relationship and one approaches the other to do some kind of endorsement arrangement. Sometimes it's just a simple offer to buy their gear at a big discount in exchange for playing their gear exclusively, and having your photo on their website.

Most companies only do endorsements with artists who have some kind of exposure to a wider audience (playing on TV, associated with a famous band, well known in the industry, etc).

What is this company offering you as an endrosee? (discounted prices or maybe free gear)
What do they want from you in return?

If they are asking you for money, or any personal information to be accepted as an endorsee then I would suspect this is a scam.
If you are well known or play in a famous band then it's quite possible that they just want to get your picture on their web site, playing one of their guitars.

Good luck with this. I hope that it is not a scam. But I would be suspect of anybody offering me something like this without having a good reason to do it. You have to ask yourself why a company would randomly send endorsement applications to people that they don't even know.

--Jim