PDA

View Full Version : George Lynch "Kill All Control"

marnold
July 22nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
I recently bought George Lynch's new solo album "Kill All Control." I wasn't the biggest fan of some of his Lynch Mob releases ("Smoke This" . . . ugh) and the recent Souls of We project. My faith was restored with Lynch Mob's "Smoke and Mirrors" release. "Kill All Control" is more modern and, yes, rawkier. There's none of the alt.Dokken stuff that put me off that band. As a matter of fact, this album sounds nothing like a Lynch Mob or Dokken record. What it is is really good. Continuing a trend from "Smoke and Mirrors," ol' George plays more to serve the song than endless shredding. What he does play is tasty and shreddier than on "Smoke and Mirrors." The instrumental follow-up to "Mr. Scary" called "Son of Scary" fills the need for speed (even though his rhythm tone on that sounds somewhat like a blown speaker). It's enough to make me wish that he'd do another instrumental album.

He uses four different vocalists that keep things different. They are: London LeGrand (Souls of We/Brides of Destruction) on tracks 5, 11, 13; Marc Torien (Bullet Boys) on tracks 1, 3, 9; Wil Martin (Earshot) on tracks 1-4, 6, 9; and Keith St. John (Montrose) on tracks 7, 8, 10. I'm glad that LeGrand didn't do the whole thing, as planned. Nevertheless, his work on this album is the best I've heard from him. My favorite tracks are probably the title track, "Fly on the Wall," and "Son of Scary." After several listens-through, I can't find a track that I don't like. "RYS" kind of started in an alt.Dokken way, but recovered. That's a classic example of a song where a snip doesn't do it justice.

I know that there are a few Lynch fans on here other than me. Check this one out. Even if you just like some good hard rawk, check it out. To make it easier for you, the whole thing is streaming for free (http://rockaccess.net/2011/07/17/album-stream-george-lynch-kill-all-control/). I bought my copy from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YX3VFA/ref=dm_att_alb1). No affliliation, yadda, yadda.

tunghaichuan
July 23rd, 2011, 07:21 AM
I recently bought George Lynch's new solo album "Kill All Control." I wasn't the biggest fan of some of his Lynch Mob releases ("Smoke This" . . . ugh) and the recent Souls of We project. My faith was restored with Lynch Mob's "Smoke and Mirrors" release. "Kill All Control" is more modern and, yes, rawkier. There's none of the alt.Dokken stuff that put me off that band. As a matter of fact, this album sounds nothing like a Lynch Mob or Dokken record. What it is is really good. Continuing a trend from "Smoke and Mirrors," ol' George plays more to serve the song than endless shredding. What he does play is tasty and shreddier than on "Smoke and Mirrors." The instrumental follow-up to "Mr. Scary" called "Son of Scary" fills the need for speed (even though his rhythm tone on that sounds somewhat like a blown speaker). It's enough to make me wish that he'd do another instrumental album.

He uses four different vocalists that keep things different. They are: London LeGrand (Souls of We/Brides of Destruction) on tracks 5, 11, 13; Marc Torien (Bullet Boys) on tracks 1, 3, 9; Wil Martin (Earshot) on tracks 1-4, 6, 9; and Keith St. John (Montrose) on tracks 7, 8, 10. I'm glad that LeGrand didn't do the whole thing, as planned. Nevertheless, his work on this album is the best I've heard from him. My favorite tracks are probably the title track, "Fly on the Wall," and "Son of Scary." After several listens-through, I can't find a track that I don't like. "RYS" kind of started in an alt.Dokken way, but recovered. That's a classic example of a song where a snip doesn't do it justice.

I know that there are a few Lynch fans on here other than me. Check this one out. Even if you just like some good hard rawk, check it out. To make it easier for you, the whole thing is streaming for free (http://rockaccess.net/2011/07/17/album-stream-george-lynch-kill-all-control/). I bought my copy from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YX3VFA/ref=dm_att_alb1). No affliliation, yadda, yadda.

Cool. Thanks for posting, I'm listening now. Sounds like George Lynch :AOK More artists should stream their new content for free, they might make more sales.