PDA

View Full Version : It's B-A-A-A-C-K....Egnater Rebel 20W Head

duhvoodooman
July 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM
After first offering it here, I listed it for 10 days on eBay for a $375 buy-it-now price. Lots of lookers, no takers. So I'm back, with a price drop to $350. Also have it up on my local Craigslist at the same price. From that listing:

Up for sale here is a very lightly used Egnater Rebel 20W amplifier head, purchased in early 2009. People use the term "mint condition" very freely, but I assure you that it is completely accurate in this case. Used only in my smoke-free home. I'm strictly a home-player and play in a small room, so the Master volume on this amp has never been past halfway. I'd be surprised if it has more than 50 or 60 operating hours on it, tops. Not a thing wrong with it, and I like the amp very much. But you know how guitar players are with the eternal quest for NEW GEAR, so this one is going to help pay for another amp I just bought.

These are fantastic little amps that have consistently gotten rave reviews since appearing in late 2008. Check out reviews in Guitar World, Premier Guitar or Guitar Player and read the buzz for yourself:

Guitar World (http://www.egnateramps.com/Reviews/Rebel20_gw0809p152.pdf)

Premier Guitar (http://www.egnateramps.com/Reviews/Rebel20_PremierGuitar.pdf)

Guitar Player (http://www.egnateramps.com/Reviews/Rebel20_gp0409_gear_egnater.pdf)

AMP FEATURES:

20-Watt All-Tube Head
Variable Wattage Control from 1W to 20W
Tube Mix Blends 6V6 and EL84 Power Tubes
Master Volume, Gain, 3-Band EQ
Tight and Bright Voicing Switches
Buffered Effects Loop
4 - 8 - 16 ohm speaker outputs
100V / 115V / 230V Switchable

These sell for $549 new, so $350 for this mint condition amp is a GREAT DEAL. Shipping will be extra, but I'll only charge you exactly what it costs to ship, no padding with bogus "handling" fees! Shipping weight should be under 20 lbs, so the shipping cost should be pretty reasonable. US & Canada destinations only!

PM me if interested....

http://www.duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/Rebel20.jpg

Monkus
July 27th, 2011, 08:10 PM
grumblegrumblegrumble

Katastrophe
July 27th, 2011, 08:18 PM
What a deal, DVM! I hope someone grabs this bad boy up, and fast! These are fantastic amps. The tube mix feature is great on these things - it was my favorite feature on this amp when I played one a while back. I used an American Tele, and it sounded awesome.

Unfortunately, all I can afford to do right now is give you a free bump. Good luck, man!

Eric
July 28th, 2011, 08:31 AM
That looks mighty nice, DVM. I'm still quite tempted by it, but I have to temper my enthusiasm by reminding myself that I'm in decluttering mode. Good luck with the sale!

bcdon
July 28th, 2011, 06:27 PM
That looks mighty nice, DVM. I'm still quite tempted by it, but I have to temper my enthusiasm by reminding myself that I'm in decluttering mode. Good luck with the sale!

You could always sale that bass of yours that we're waiting to hear a review of, to fund this amph? ;-)

Eric
July 28th, 2011, 07:33 PM
You could always sale that bass of yours that we're waiting to hear a review of, to fund this amph? ;-)
Not too likely at this juncture. I have a Jet City that I haven't really dropped the hammer on yet, so buying a tube head when I don't have any cabinet for it seems like a bad call right now. That having been said, I can still lust, right?

duhvoodooman
August 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM
** BUMP **

Incredibly (to me & a few others), this still hasn't sold. I've had it up on my local Craiglist, but have raised no interest beyond the usual scammers who are (1) out of the country on business, (2) only able to pay by <<bogus>> money order, (3) willing to pay me $XX extra for my inconvenience, and (4) will arrange for a courier service to pick it up from me. :rolleyes: It's also currently up on eBay (until Sunday eve.) for a BIN price of $349.

BTW, I located the original factory carton & packing in the swirling, sucking eddy of chaos that I call a basement, and it contained the handy canvas carrying bag that came with the amp. Got the original documents, as well. So all of that will be included with the amp.

C'mon, SOMEBODY! No exaggeration, this is a GREAT deal!

MAXIFUNK
August 19th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Kicking rocks @!#!@$#@$@!#%#$^%$!

duhvoodooman
August 22nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
SOLD!! (finally!)

To a guy in Edmonton, no less. It'll be right down the road from ya, RR!

Katastrophe
August 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Glad it sold, DVM. Whoever bought it is gonna get a kick arse amph!

Robert
August 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Cool ! Whats his name?