PDA

View Full Version : Bassless

NWBasser
July 27th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Well, it turns out that our guitarist has to do a bunch of out-of-town work for the next couple of weeks. This is also when we are auditioning for a new lead singer.

In order to keep things on track, I'll be playing guitar for the auditioning process while he's away. I'm expecting things to sound a bit thin without anyone on bass.

This will also be my first time playing guitar in a band situation besides casual jams.

We'll see how it all goes.

Tig
July 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Problem solved!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/3/0/3/6/303669/pics/_c501894_image_0.jpg
:poke

FrankenFretter
July 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Well, it turns out that our guitarist has to do a bunch of out-of-town work for the next couple of weeks. This is also when we are auditioning for a new lead singer.

In order to keep things on track, I'll be playing guitar for the auditioning process while he's away. I'm expecting things to sound a bit thin without anyone on bass.

This will also be my first time playing guitar in a band situation besides casual jams.

The casual listener will likely not hear a difference, since they normally just turn you down in the mix anyway. :D

NWBasser
July 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Problem solved!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/3/0/3/6/303669/pics/_c501894_image_0.jpg
:poke

I'd actually love to have a guitar/bass double-neck!

NWBasser
July 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM
The casual listener will likely not hear a difference, since they normally just turn you down in the mix anyway. :D

Yeah, we could play 80's hair metal and the bass wouldn't be missed in the least.

Eric
July 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM

I thought you had two guitarists in the band, no? I hope it's a fun change of pace.

NWBasser
July 28th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I thought you had two guitarists in the band, no? I hope it's a fun change of pace.

Just one at this point. I think this situation really points to the need for another guitarist. We were auditioning, but never found one that clicked.

Normally I'd probably be excited to do some guitar work, but with the new G&L I'm really itching to play bass.

NWBasser
July 29th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Well, everything went off pretty good.

The first singer to try out came from a karaoke background and did not impress me or the rest of the band. I'm biased anyway about karaoke singers in a band situation.

She was very nervous and showed poor timing.

The next singer is from Arkansas and has experience singing in bands. She is super-friendly and is a high school teacher. No diva-ness at all, but still confident.

Best yet, she can really sing! She's the perfect fit for our band and we'll be offering her the position.

I got quite a few compliments on my guitar playing from the band members too.

I used my Ibanez acoustic and my Epi Les Paul. I realized that they both need a string change pretty badly.

By the end, the left-hand was starting to cramp up a bit.

One more practice session on guitar and then it's back to bass!:happy

I'm really stoked to get such a great singer and to get up and running again.

MAXIFUNK
July 29th, 2011, 02:17 PM
i'd actually love to have a guitar/bass double-neck!

+1 ahmen!!!!

MAXIFUNK
July 29th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Good for man holding down the fort and growing your own chops as well.

bcdon
July 29th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Best yet, she can really sing! She's the perfect fit for our band and we'll be offering her the position.

And what position might that be? :rollover

Tig
July 29th, 2011, 02:52 PM

See, that's why I'll never audition for any band you are in! :poke

NWBasser
July 29th, 2011, 02:52 PM

:applause