PDA

View Full Version : Carl Verheyen's new Signature Guitar

Lev
July 29th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Carl Verheyen is a monster player and now he has a signature guitar made by LSL. I love how he can just play a 5 second lick that just leaves my jaw on the floor.
Serious talent and great sounding strat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qrEi_TZXNs

Robert
July 29th, 2011, 03:49 PM
He is a great player. Inspiring to listen to.

Never of that brand before.

Eric
July 30th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I've never heard of him before, but just based off of this demo, I really like his playing.

Lev
July 30th, 2011, 07:20 AM
You should definitely check out some more of his playing on youtube Eric. I especially love his duets with Steve Trovato, do a search on here I'm pretty sure I posted a couple of my favorites before.

I love how his phrasing is always melodic but still he doesn't follow predictable pentatonic runs. I find a lot of guys who play 'outside' the standard scales just don't sound melodic to me. It's like they get so focused on not following standard phrases that the lose the sense of melody in their playing. Verheyen seems to always emphasize the chordal root in his phrases so it always fits and sounds right to my ears anyway, if that makes sense?

Eric
July 30th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I love how his phrasing is always melodic but still he doesn't follow predictable pentatonic runs. I find a lot of guys who play 'outside' the standard scales just don't sound melodic to me. It's like they get so focused on not following standard phrases that the lose the sense of melody in their playing. Verheyen seems to always emphasize the chordal root in his phrases so it always fits and sounds right to my ears anyway, if that makes sense?
I'm not sure if I'm adept enough at listening to have noticed that last bit about the chord root, but I agree completely about playing in different ways while maintaining melody.

mark wein
July 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Carl is one of my all time favorite players, and he's a really nice guy to boot. Thanks for sharing this!

jpfeifer
July 30th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I love this guy's playing. I bought one of his books and videos also. He has a great approach to improvisation and really knows his stuff. You can tell with the way he plays! The guitar is cool, but Carl could make any guitar sound this good, I would expect.

--Jim

Jimi75
July 31st, 2011, 05:25 AM
Carl is a great player, no question. Well, I saw LSL Tele-style guitars for the first time about 2 years ago in a German magazine for exclusive guitars. It was an advertisement that made me curious about LSL. Unfortunately, I quickly found out they were pretty expensive and I think they still are. If we substract Carl's playing this Strat is still an awesome sounding instrument.