PDA

View Full Version : Peavey C-30, wanted to buy

sunvalleylaw
November 24th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I am interested in a good used unit. Would pay normal going rate. Please contact off list via PM.

Steve

EDIT: I own one now and love it. :DR :D :DR

stingx
November 24th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Steve, look on Ebay. There's always several listed.

sunvalleylaw
November 25th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Steve, look on Ebay. There's always several listed.

Thanks Sting. That is probably how I will land one.

duhvoodooman
November 25th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Going rate on eBay is right around $300 for a used Classic 30 in good to excellent condition, no extras. Shipping within the US should be $40 or so, max. Resist the temptation to overbid, and you should be able to nail one down in that price range in a few days. Nice amp, great value.

warren0728
November 25th, 2006, 05:29 PM
i have been thinking about getting rid of my classic 20 for a classic 30....but then i'm reanalyzing all my amps and might be moving in a different direction...

ww

stingx
November 25th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Going rate on eBay is right around $300 for a used Classic 30 in good to excellent condition, no extras. Shipping within the US should be $40 or so, max. Resist the temptation to overbid, and you should be able to nail one down in that price range in a few days. Nice amp, great value.

I got lucky. Found a guy that had one for sale on Ebay who was an hour away from me. We did away with the shipping fee since I opted to drive and get it. Cost me all of $275 and it included the foot switch, cover, tube tamer, and tube cover. Don't spend more than $325, especially on the older style.

Tone2TheBone
November 25th, 2006, 08:38 PM
The secret is out. :eek:

Warren your 20 is the most Classic of the Classics...don't sell.

sunvalleylaw
November 25th, 2006, 09:58 PM
The secret is out. :eek:

Warren your 20 is the most Classic of the Classics...don't sell.

There is a C-20 on ebay right now sitting at $175 with a little less than 3 days to go for the auction.

SuperSwede
November 26th, 2006, 01:36 AM
i have been thinking about getting rid of my classic 20 for a classic 30....but then i'm reanalyzing all my amps and might be moving in a different direction...

ww

Interesting... tell us more Warren!

tot_Ou_tard
November 26th, 2006, 05:56 AM
He hinted at this before. He is falling under the spell of 1/2-1 watt amps.

In that regard the Stephenson Stage Hog seems cool
http://www.stephensonamps.com/stagehog.htm
but very expensive @ $700 .

Spudman
November 26th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Warren

Never, never, ever get rid of your C20. Eventually you would say to yourself "why did I ever get rid of my C20? Now they are so rare that they cost $500 and I really loved the way it sounded, especially with the new JJ tubes in it."

Just add another amph.

warren0728
November 26th, 2006, 09:37 AM

He hinted at this before. He is falling under the spell of 1/2-1 watt amps.

as soon as i figure it all out i'll start a new thread...but vintage and extreme low wattage amps are intriguing me at the moment....

ww

warren0728
November 26th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Never, never, ever get rid of your C20.

i probably won't....it is a cool little amp and i think i will like it better with the jj's

ww

Tone2TheBone
November 27th, 2006, 09:29 AM
i probably won't....it is a cool little amp and i think i will like it better with the jj's

ww

You will love it with JJs. And you'll be thankful you didn't sell it.