PDA

View Full Version : Band of Heathens - I really like these guys

jpfeifer
August 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
I was watching Austin City Limits the other night and I was really enjoying watching this band called "Band of Heathens" . I'd never heard of them before. I loved their performance. They are one of the best bands I've seen in years! They remind me a lot of the band "Little Feat" from the 1970's. They have 3 lead singers who can all play and sing very well. It turns out that all 3 of these guys used to be sidemen for other performers, and decided to join together to make their own band. Great stuff!

--Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6EAqyZJgw

sunvalleylaw
August 2nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Was Elvis Costello playing with them or ahead of them on the same show? I have it DVR'd and saw Elvis start a song but then saved it for later.

mapka
August 2nd, 2011, 09:05 PM
Definitely hear Little Feat! Think a lot of that is the piano player. Same playing style. And you got to love the tones of those two P-90 Gibby's and Strat. I have to add that most of the bands that have been on ACL lately have not thrilled me, but these guys do!

guitarhack
August 3rd, 2011, 07:33 AM
Definitely a Little Feat vibe. Thanks for posting!

sunvalleylaw
August 3rd, 2011, 07:38 AM
From watching the vid, these guys must have been on after EC. I like!

R_of_G
August 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Very cool.
Many Little Feat similarities which is a good thing.
Thanks.

helliott
August 5th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Saw these guys on Tv some months back and it prompted me to order online their dvd live at Antoines. Very good, but more country than I expected, and could use some more of this sort of tune. But a great band nonetheless. And they have a groove about a mile wide along with a very deep pocket. Gotta love this. And the slide players both use picks, which gives hope to those of us who can't get enough volume and smack out of fingers only.

mapka
August 5th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Saw these guys on Tv some months back and it prompted me to order online their dvd live at Antoines. Very good, but more country than I expected, and could use some more of this sort of tune. But a great band nonetheless. And they have a groove about a mile wide along with a very deep pocket. Gotta love this. And the slide players both use picks, which gives hope to those of us who can't get enough volume and smack out of fingers only.

I got their CD and agree. Little more country then I expected. But with that said, it is what I consider good country and not like most of what passes for country on radio today. Still like these guys.

warren0728
August 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM
wow....never heard of them but i likey.....thanks....

cheapgtrs
November 4th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Just got the latest album and it is amazing. Highly recommended.

Robert
November 4th, 2011, 10:56 PM
That is a killer video. Great sound and feel.