PDA

View Full Version : Recording to existing backing tracks

Spudman
November 25th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Hi

For those of you new to this backing track collaboration thing I just wanted to remind you that no matter what stage of completed the posted track is in you can always go back to the previously posted recordings and add your parts. Just because the latest version is full or almost full doesn't mean that you can't play on it. Simply find the version that has an open spot where you want to start playing and do your thing. That will give us many different takes of the same track. I personally find it interesting to hear what someone else does over the part I played to.

Also, if collaboration on a track is desired and we have a roughly 4 minute track then dividing it into 4 one minute segments would be a thoughtful way to approach it and when you post the track you can say that it is for all to collaborate on. That could be designated with a "C" in the thread header or you could say collaboration in your post.

Otherwise if you want to show how you would play on the whole track then posting the backing track without your playing on it would be great. Maybe make that the first post by itself. That way it is easy for the rest of the members to find and they can then do as you do for the whole thread. We'd have everyone's take for the whole track on that thread.

It's great that so many of us have jumped right in and posted our playing. It takes us all to another level.

So these are some guidelines to make it quicker and more easily understood as to what is desired when you are looking to play on posts or post a thread and want a specific result.

Any more ideas along this line?