PDA

View Full Version : Rickenbacker 4003

wolvie56
August 8th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Hi, everybody. My son wants to upgrade his bass. Right now he has a Washburn Taurus 4 string and an SX Jazz 4 string. We are looking at a Rick 4003 series 2010 in Midnight Blue. How does this bass rank in the Rickenbacker family? And what have been the price ranges that you have seen? Thanks for your advice in advance.
Rick.

progrmr
August 8th, 2011, 06:10 AM
That's quite a large step!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=Rickenbacker+4003+MIDNIGHT+BLUE

Looks like $1800-$2500 on eBay.

wolvie56
August 8th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Yeah, he deserves it. Found it on MF for $1550.00 with the case.

Katastrophe
August 10th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Man, Ric basses are up there as one of my all time guitar designs. If I had one, I'd probably switch from guitar to bass, and live out my days as a hack Lemmy wannabe (minus the facial growths).

It would look like this: Play gig with many Motorhead covers. Drink whiskey straight from the bottle. Knock down a wall with my bare hands. Repeat.

Brian Krashpad
August 15th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Man, Ric basses are up there as one of my all time guitar designs. If I had one, I'd probably switch from guitar to bass, and live out my days as a hack Lemmy wannabe (minus the facial growths).

It would look like this: Play gig with many Motorhead covers. Drink whiskey straight from the bottle. Knock down a wall with my bare hands. Repeat.

You left out: pick up grrl and boy groupies for after-show festivities.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Gibbo
November 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Back in the days when I was a bass player I played a black 1978 Rickenbacker 4001. Coolest bass I ever saw. Always wanted a Ricky cos of the Chris Squire, Geddy Lee, Glenn Hughes connection. That clanky Rick sound really cut through in a band mix. Although I switched to guitar some 20 years ago I have always regretted selling that Ricky.
So my advice is go for it, get that 4003 and hang on to it !!!