PDA

View Full Version : Blues Rhythm + Lead Guitar Lick

Robert
August 12th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Blues rhythm and lead together - fun, fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKpkUMjNVMk

Tig
August 12th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Classic lick great for building all kinds of cool blues from. :cool:
Well done, Robert! :AOK

Robert
August 12th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks, I decided to try a neutral backdrop instead of the usual black one.

Is this better? Or do you guys prefer the black background?

progrmr
August 12th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I like the neutral better - great lesson too, hardest part I have is coming up with licks that fit into a specific duration of time. This video shows the effective use of those licks once you get the timing right. Great lesson.

sunvalleylaw
August 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Love this lesson! I have been trying to get the combination of lead and rhythm going with little success. This seems a good way to get into it. Then maybe I can find some of your licks on your cool CD I have to fit in there too! I might actually build a vocabulary even!

I like both the neutral and black backdrops. I think the black is more dramatic, and sets your lessons apart visually from the others out there. But it is nice to mix it up a bit too. It think you should alternate them at times.

piebaldpython
August 15th, 2011, 08:10 AM
This might be your BEST lesson yet. Damn, I love this kinda stuff. I like the little embellishment you gave on the rhythm part too. Fabulous!! A great lick that isn't overly complicated.

What really struck me on the video too was........your forearm veins. Holy smokes!! lol Your forearm (like a tennis player's) doesn't go with the rest of your body (very lean from all that runnin').

Robert
August 15th, 2011, 09:21 AM
This might be your BEST lesson yet. Damn, I love this kinda stuff. I like the little embellishment you gave on the rhythm part too. Fabulous!! A great lick that isn't overly complicated.

What really struck me on the video too was........your forearm veins. Holy smokes!! lol Your forearm (like a tennis player's) doesn't go with the rest of your body (very lean from all that runnin').

Wow, great to hear!

I usually wear long sleeves to avoid all the vein comments. It's hot in my room though, so long sleeves are out in the summer! Avoiding vein comments seems to be in vain(vein) anyway... ;)

piebaldpython
August 15th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I've got veins like that too.....from years of tennis and racquetball. Of course, you can't see my veins with all the carb loading that I do. :socool

Jipes
August 16th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Excellent lick and great close-up Well done Robert :rockya

Robert
August 16th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

By the way, the upcoming Friday's video will be strictly guitar rhythm... ;)

Tig
August 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM
the upcoming Friday's video will be strictly guitar rhythm... ;)

You check out Guitar George he knows all the chords
Mind he's strictly rhythm he doesn't want to make it cry or sing
And an old guitar is all he can afford
When he gets up under the lights to play his thing

:yum

Bookkeeper's Son
August 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
"No thanks, I'm rhythm guitar and mouth organ." ~ John Lennon in Help!

leejohn
May 13th, 2014, 06:07 PM
This one is cool as well

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Robert
May 21st, 2014, 07:21 PM
Glad you likey

poodlesrule
May 26th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Glad you likey

Yeah, yeah, bring back the veins!
It's the root of the bues, man. No veins, no blues?

Gotta revisit this on the new-to-me Viking Deluxe (where is the wag-wag emot.?!) ....but only after I finish mowing, transplant the ferns, make sure the fish are OK, call spouse to detail my progress...arf.