PDA

View Full Version : NFL Game Rewind

marnold
August 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I signed up for the NFL's live streaming pre-season games. I figured that $20 was a decent price and then I could see how the Lions look. I ended up also getting the NFL Game Rewind for $29 for the whole season. You can't get the games live--you have to wait until 6AM Eastern the next day, but you can see them all in hi-def with DVR-like controls, a special "coach's tape" mode for selected plays, and you can actually watch four games at the same time. There are no commercials or half-time. One review said you can watch all the games from the past two seasons as well. I've been watching the Dallas-Denver game to see how Tebow was doing. The stream quality is great. It seems like they use a similar back-end to the NHL's GameCenter. The downer is that you can't see the games live due to the DirectTV monopoly. Conversely it is MUCH cheaper. All it takes is IE, Firefox, and Flash so it even works for me in Linux. Seems to be a great option for us out-of-marketers.

This is only available in the U.S. and Mexico, mainly because those are the only places that the DirectTV monopoly exists. The rest of the world can get the games live online, although I don't know how much it costs.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages