PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know which Ibanez this is?

FrankenFretter
August 13th, 2011, 04:10 PM
This is for sale on a local CL for a really good price. I don't recognize it, but it seems to be a set neck, string through. Anyone?

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/msg/2545302759.html

Sorry, I tried to post the photos, but I'm at someone else's house, and their browser isn't allowing me to do that.

Katastrophe
August 13th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I believe (and I could be wrong here) that this is a GAX model... one of the lower end set necks. $50 is about right. I've played a couple, and wasn't a fan... But, who knows, with a good setup, it could be a cool around the house player. Either way, you wouldn't be out much if it isn't...

Bookkeeper's Son
August 13th, 2011, 04:46 PM
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GAX70-Electric-Guitar-519404-i1602328.gc?&source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=606913443

FrankenFretter
August 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks, guys! It seems to be a GAX 45, but I can't find much info (pretty much no info at all, really) on these. It does have a set neck, and string through the body. The grain looks like mahogany, but it could really be almost anything. They guy is saying that someone is coming tomorrow with $75 cash, but if I came today with that much, it would be mine. I wish I knew more about this guitar.

Katastrophe
August 13th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I wish I knew more.

Tibernius
August 13th, 2011, 05:14 PM
It looks like an AXS32:

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/AXS32

At least, that's what the file names of all of the photos in the ad would suggest.

Spudman
August 13th, 2011, 08:24 PM
That's a heck of a deal on that guitar. They play and sound great. It's worth at least 4 times his asking price. Jump on it!

FrankenFretter
August 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks again, folks. I don't know if I'll be able to pick this up or not, as I'm at the future in-laws visiting right now, and the guitar is about an hour away. I'll call him tomorrow before I leave, and hopefully the other seller flakes out and he'll sell it for the original $50. I'm really wondering why he's selling so cheap.

Duffy
August 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM
What happened, if you don't mind saying. Looked good.

FrankenFretter
August 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I didn't have a chance to go check it out, but it looks like he still has it for sale. That kind of worries me, to be honest. Why hasn't it sold if it's such a good deal? Interesting.

NWBasser
August 16th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I didn't have a chance to go check it out, but it looks like he still has it for sale. That kind of worries me, to be honest. Why hasn't it sold if it's such a good deal? Interesting.

It's probably either stolen or it has cat poo in the control cavity.

FrankenFretter
August 16th, 2011, 02:52 PM
It's probably either stolen or it has cat poo in the control cavity.

Stolen crossed my mind more than once. I got a migraine the day I was planning on driving from Klatskanie to Beaverton, or I would have probably picked it up. Then we took the coast route home on Sunday, and I just didn't feel like driving up there from here on such an iffy feeling guitar. Something just didn't feel right about the whole thing.

NWBasser
August 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Stolen crossed my mind more than once. I got a migraine the day I was planning on driving from Klatskanie to Beaverton, or I would have probably picked it up. Then we took the coast route home on Sunday, and I just didn't feel like driving up there from here on such an iffy feeling guitar. Something just didn't feel right about the whole thing.

Did you stop at Pacific City to check out the tide pools?

FrankenFretter
August 16th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Did you stop at Pacific City to check out the tide pools?

No, but we did a little hiking with the dogs in the Siuslaw Forest. It was a nice drive, except for the horrible traffic just outside of Astoria. Turns out there was a Reba Mcentire concert (http://astoriaregattaconcert.com/) between Astoria and Seaside. It made for a long drive during that portion.