PDA

View Full Version : Very cool Albert Lee clip of a recording session

jpfeifer
August 14th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I liked Albert Lee long before seeing this clip, but somehow this clip makes me appreciate him even more. What a great player.
He mixes some cool influences into his style, a true master. He inspires me so much. --Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Rx-zaBjow&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Teleman77
August 15th, 2011, 06:29 AM
This in an OLD clip............mid 70's or so. And yes, Albert is a tele master............no doubt!

Katastrophe
August 15th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Amazing... the man is a chicken pickin' monster! I like the "guests" in the studio, too.

Now... what was that guitar he was playing?

Tig
August 15th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Awesome playing! :applause

And yes, that is Phil Lynnot in the back.

60's guy
August 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I liked Albert Lee long before seeing this clip, but somehow this clip makes me appreciate him even more. What a great player.
He mixes some cool influences into his style, a true master. He inspires me so much. --Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Rx-zaBjow&feature=feedrec_grec_index
Awesome video clip!

Robert
September 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM
His closet of licks seems to be endless.... like an endless stream of cool ideas just flowing out of him.

I think that the only way to get there is to practice and play A LOT. Build that shelf of licks and ideas as tall as you can. Then also to keep practicing them all in different ways, so you can throw them into almost any musical situation. Takes a lot of work, but that's what Masters do! :)

NWBasser
September 28th, 2011, 03:09 PM
His closet of licks seems to be endless.... like an endless stream of cool ideas just flowing out of him.

I think that the only way to get there is to practice and play A LOT. Build that shelf of licks and ideas as tall as you can. Then also to keep practicing them all in different ways, so you can throw them into almost any musical situation. Takes a lot of work, but that's what Masters do! :)

That's a great observation Robert.

I really enjoy Lee's playing. I could listen to him all day long.

Jipes
October 6th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I guess I could play intensively for thirty years I would still not approach his talent :thwap

Jipes
October 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Amazing... the man is a chicken pickin' monster! I like the "guests" in the studio, too.

Now... what was that guitar he was playing?

In the Guest list you can add also the great a very young Huey Lewis