PDA

View Full Version : A Viking joins the Foo Fighers!

sunvalleylaw
August 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Check this! It made me excited to see my cherry red Hagstrom Vik (well, it's twin) being rocked by Pat Smear in this vid I just got as part of my download of Wasting Light from iTunes. Check out about :34-39, and various other times. I am guessing, but not saying definitively, that Smear's Hagstrom is playing more of a role in the overall sound than Grohl's guitar, (based on how often Dave drops it to focus on vocals). I think that is pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OCjXtEC5uw&feature=related

:AOK :happy

I knew Pat rocked a Hagstrom, but had not heard he played a Viking with the Foos, much less a red one.

I love that tele too.

mapka
August 16th, 2011, 11:49 PM
In the video they released with their latest album, he plays a dual neck Hag! Very cool. One neck is a bass and the other a guitar. According to Wiki he is suppose to have one of the largest collections of vintage Hags in the world. Love my Hag and it is cool to see a pro playing one!

Ch0jin
August 17th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Its an awesome feeling hey.

I was watching Epic Movie (it's terrible, don't bother) a while ago and saw Josh Homme in EODM guise sporting the same exact Maton BB1200 I have, same colour and everything. I was so excited I took a picture of the TV screen :)

bcdon
August 17th, 2011, 08:49 AM
You guys should really checkout the Foo Fighters: Back And Forth

zBArTIXhUcg

It's an excellent documentary. My wife really loves the Foo Fighters and the stuff I've heard
from them has always been great but I never really got into them. After watching the film,
I'm listening to more of their albums and I really dig them. It's a really good film and you'll
see some more scenes of that Hagstrom! :dude

Tig
August 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM
More Viking content from this SNL performance.
Also, I remember always seeing plenty of Mesa amps in the past, but see Fender and Vox now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDk44RH65OA

stingx
August 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I've been a huge fan from the beginning. Absolutely love the band and the music.

sunvalleylaw
August 17th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I've been a huge fan from the beginning. Absolutely love the band and the music.

I liked the first album (I was a nirvana fan), then they lost me for a long while, and I kinda forgot to listen for them over here in Idaho where they weren't played much. I have been drawn back into the fold in a big way lately though.

Eric
August 18th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I liked the first album (I was a nirvana fan), then they lost me for a long while
I'm with you. I liked that first album, but after the second one I just sort of lost interest in them altogether. I hate to say this, but it might have been because they became too popular, but I also feel like their music changed a bit at that point. Whatever. At worst, they're a solid band.

sunvalleylaw
August 18th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I really like what they are doing now!

stingx
August 18th, 2011, 07:52 AM
There are only a few bands that tour that I would spend money to see. The Foo Fighters are on that small list.

NWBasser
August 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
There are only a few bands that tour that I would spend money to see. The Foo Fighters are on that small list.

True that. Whatever you may think of their music, they put on an incredible stage show and are really fun to see.

Tig
August 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM

It was on again last night. It is one of the best music documentaries I've seen.

What was amazing is when they start showing the video for "The Pretender", then keep switching so several different liver performances, and the transitions are absolutely seamless. The band sounds the same at each performance, and Taylor Hawkin's timing is exactly the same as well. What an incredible drummer!

sunvalleylaw
August 18th, 2011, 11:30 PM
What station has "Back and Forth' been playing on? I would like to check it out.

Tig
August 18th, 2011, 11:54 PM
What station has "Back and Forth' been playing on? I would like to check it out.

An MTV station listed as "Palladium" or "Pallidia". It is one of the few channels I check frequently to see what's on.

Jipes
August 22nd, 2011, 05:07 AM

zBArTIXhUcg

It's an excellent documentary. My wife really loves the Foo Fighters and the stuff I've heard
from them has always been great but I never really got into them. After watching the film,
I'm listening to more of their albums and I really dig them. It's a really good film and you'll
see some more scenes of that Hagstrom! :dude

I've seen it on Arte a TV channel and it was really awesome I had to buy some of their stuff as I was not aware of their music (I know it's a shame but there's so much great music to listen to)