PDA

View Full Version : Behringer Acoustic Modeler AM100

Justaguyin_nc
November 26th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Talk about give away prices... I seen this on the http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHAM100 website while I was searching out another "cheap" pedal and told myself it justified grabbing at $19.99! Ok, GAS may have been involved.. It's a pretty good little pedal though for either a sound effect or acoustic effect, when you really don't want to switch between guitars.
It's plastic ofcourse at this price but thick plastic weighing more than my Boss BD-2 and sized about the same as a boss stomp box, but for in home / studio I can't see that being much of a problem for me. There are 4 guitar type settings, Large, standard, piezo and bright. I guess you would say Gibson, Martin, Nylon and Taylor..
Here is a link to some soundbites by Behringer http://www.behringer.com/_swf/_applications/stompViewer/stompIndex.cfm look under MISC. for the Acoustic Modeler.
They are all distinct from one another and each can be made to sound fairly good imho, although not truelly acoustic, but for $20.00??? its close enough! There are three knobs you can play with all day long.. a Level, Enhance and Resonance knob.. which make a big difference in sound from one end of the knob setting to the other.
You also get the option of running two lines out to different amps or can just by-pass the acoustic with off/on.. I haven't noticed it color the sound any when off. There is a "hiss" present when going above 12 o'clock on the level dial though. I am sure a more expensive model such as the boss would not have such a thing..but than you can buy 5 of these for the price of the boss..and again, I just bought it for home use and seeing what an acoustic modeler would do for my GAS problems...:) I would say for the price I got what I wanted and its still working. Final thoughts.. it works very well with Single coil guitars.. The Humbuckers just don't sound right at any setting..

Hogfullofblues
November 26th, 2006, 01:40 PM
That is sure a inexpensive way to relieve some GAS, and sounds good on the website. Justa, did you use this pedal on Watching You?

Justaguyin_nc
November 26th, 2006, 01:51 PM
That is sure a inexpensive way to relieve some GAS, and sounds good on the website. Justa, did you use this pedal on Watching You?
I did on the latest version..for the rhythm.. but just slightly as a sound effect mainly I think.. it's my poor chord playing and recording that makes it sound bad..lol.. here in the room it sounds pretty good.. http://www.box.net/public/dl5gf361ac

Hogfullofblues
November 26th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Actually, my thoughts were just the opposite, they both sound good. Your playing and the pedal. I just assumed you were playing an acoustic all along! So to my ears, that pedal sounds pretty convincing.

marnold
November 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Curse you, Justa! I was going to order a Behringer Hellbabe wah, now I might have to pick up one of these too. Although, as you pointed out, for $20 it's crazy cheap.

Justaguyin_nc
November 27th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Curse you, Justa! I was going to order a Behringer Hellbabe wah, now I might have to pick up one of these too. Although, as you pointed out, for $20 it's crazy cheap.

Look what I just saved you in double shipping? probably enough to buy a Danelectro FAB pedal someplace..;) it's seriously cheap.. if you just wondered about an Acoustic Modeler its worth the $20 bucks... let me read your opinion once you get it... Hellbabe huh? Hmmm.. $30 wahwah... hmmmm