PDA

View Full Version : Digitch screamin' Blues problem

progrmr
August 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I got an Epi valve junior today and picked up an Digitch Screamin' Blues to put in front of it while the volume is low.

I replaced the battery with a fresh energizer - brand new.

Was practicing during a movie and noticed that after about an hour the sound started getting all farty and crappy. I turned the pedal off and the valve junior gave off it's signature sweet clean tones. Turn the pedal back on and the sound gets all farty and wavy again!

WTH? Is the pedal messed up? I'm wondering if after an hour of continuos playing is the battery could run low..? Have the level about 9 o'clock the low/highs at 12 and te gain at 11.

Think I should just return the pedal? Of do I just need to buy a power supply? Don't recall having this problem with my boss blues driver.

tunghaichuan
August 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
I got an Epi valve junior today and picked up an Digitch Screamin' Blues to put in front of it while the volume is low.

I replaced the battery with a fresh energizer - brand new.

Was practicing during a movie and noticed that after about an hour the sound started getting all farty and crappy. I turned the pedal off and the valve junior gave off it's signature sweet clean tones. Turn the pedal back on and the sound gets all farty and wavy again!

WTH? Is the pedal messed up? I'm wondering if after an hour of continuos playing is the battery could run low..? Have the level about 9 o'clock the low/highs at 12 and te gain at 11.

Think I should just return the pedal? Of do I just need to buy a power supply? Don't recall having this problem with my boss blues driver.

Sounds like something is wrong. You might try replacing the battery to see if a fresh battery clears up the farty/crappy sound. You also might try an AC power supply.

The specs on this site:

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-DOD-DSB-LIST

Say 18 hour battery life, continuous.

There is obviously something wrong with the pedal, I'd take it back and get your money back or a replacement.

progrmr
August 21st, 2011, 08:21 AM
Yea, it's goin back. Went through another battery in about the same time.

Duffy
August 23rd, 2011, 05:33 AM
How did it sound at the time, and would it make sense to get a Digitech multipeda instead? They do a lot of different effects in one unit and the less expensive ones work great. Other companies make inexpensive ones too, like some of the old Korg's. I still buy single pedals though myself and have a couple overdrives, but the multipedals have a bunch of overdrives in them usually, plus a wah pedal.

Good luck anyway. The little Epi is a cool amp, but I can see where you would want some pedals in front of it, especially an overdrive and a reverb.

Yours is probably defective, but I usually use AC power supplies instead of batteries.