PDA

View Full Version : Music from my new project

Spudman
August 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
This is a short clip of a funk style jam my new project did on our second rehearsal together. We are only creating music and not doing any covers. It's a lot of fun to just let the inventions flow. So far we've gotten together 3 times and have about enough material for an album. It just needs to be structured and recorded properly. Every time together yields something new. We run the gamut from blues and funk to Stones and Floyd-like to really heavy rock.

This was recorded on a very small Tascam DP-004 digital recorder sitting on the counter top. Nothing was miced.

http://www.box.net/shared/1tpzcasjbfufglhspnhe

This clip features my solo first followed right away by Brian's. We are just inventing this stuff on the spot.

helliott
August 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM
Sounds really good. Clearly some serious musicianship at play here. So two guitars, organ, bass and drums? Impressive outfit. Good luck with recording. Love to hear more.

Spudman
August 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM
As I go through the recordings (we record every session) I'll put up clips from time to time.

NWBasser
August 21st, 2011, 06:06 PM
Awesome!

If I was in a jam like that, I don't think you sandblast the smile from my face.

I live for those moments.

Freakin' super lead work Spud!

FrankAxtell
August 22nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
nice playing..what's in your guitar rig?

Lev
August 22nd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Very nice Spud, is that the Bugera you're using?

marnold
August 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
You is the funkiest guy from Idaho I know. Get down wichyo bad self!

guitarhack
August 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Nice groove, Spud! Sounds like a blast.

Spudman
August 22nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
Very nice Spud, is that the Bugera you're using?

Yes. Bugera with M13 and EX-7. Brian is using a Fender Prosonic 2x10 and I'm running the Bugera at low power. I think my tone is generally better in all the clips I've listened to so far. The V22 is really a good amph.

piebaldpython
August 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
Damn Spud......awesome stuff. Nice lyrical lead playing. Reminds me a bit of the Kinsey Report.

Spudman
August 22nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
This is part of a swing blues type thing on our second time together. Remember, we are just inventing here. We've never played this before. Brian takes the first solo and I take the second before the keyboard break. After the keyboard break I solo first and Brian second. The proximity of the keys to the recorder make them a little quiet though.

http://www.box.net/shared/9hgv6dg7zlrx5laf1kp4

sunvalleylaw
August 22nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
I really like the first one. Haven't listened to the second yet. Sounds great, and you sound just like you! Nice stuff. That will be a good show to see when you guys get out there. I will have to come over for sure! But maybe you will book some SV bars with this stuff. Great sounds!

sunvalleylaw
August 22nd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Second one is really fun too. Has kind of a Vaughan brothers feel. Your style is very apparent. . . . and very good! Keep 'em coming!

piebaldpython
August 23rd, 2011, 10:42 PM
The second one burns too!!

Katastrophe
August 25th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Awesome!

If I was in a jam like that, I don't think you sandblast the smile from my face.

I live for those moments.

Freakin' super lead work Spud!

+eleventy bazillion. FONKAY!

stingx
August 25th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Both were a fun listen. I prefer the first one. I like this type of playing/style. I prefer to see something like this live. The first clip reminds be a bit of GeeBeeBee (grant green jr. band) performing in the 90s at Terra Blues. Really good stuff, Spud.

Spudman
August 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks guys. I'm glad you dig listening to this stuff. It will be fun to see a year down the road how much of this stuff becomes a real song.