PDA

View Full Version : New Tom Waits album Oct 25, first single out today

R_of_G
August 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
I cannot think of another artist/band who puts this kind of style into announcing a new record.
October 25th couldn't possibly come fast enough for me.

qeTja7JXK9A

Duffy
August 23rd, 2011, 10:34 PM
I was like fifteen feet from Tom Waits for an entire show, sitting on a folding chair by a doorway. He was unaccompanied, stood and played acoustic guitar and sang, and played the piano and sang. It was totally cool being right there, away from the crowd, getting to see him work his unique magic. It is something I'll always remember, for one reason or another. Needless to say the show was great. To me, to see a muscian perform unaccompanied and really be excellent is the epitome of artistry - there is no where for them to hide and any mistakes are right up front.

I might have to buy that new CD. I used to have quite a few of his recordings but now only have, "Closing Time".

R_of_G
August 24th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Sounds like a great show.

Tig
August 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
This is too much fun not to post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X4N2exOsU

:dance

R_of_G
August 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
As a member of the cult of Waits and father of a three year old who makes me watch plenty of Sesame Street with her I have to say that was one of the most entertaining things I've watched in a long time.

The dancing at about the 2:12 mark is my favorite part. I rewound to watch that part several times.

Plus, I love that song.

Thanks for posting!