PDA

View Full Version : Hello Kitty? (meow)

tremoloman
December 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Anyone seen the new "Hello Kitty" Strat?
I'd like to make this thing PURRRRR!!!!

http://www.fenderhellokitty.com/

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2005, 04:31 PM
My daughter's 13 and I know for sure that she wouldn't be caught dead with that guitar strapped to her. LMAO She's even a cat lover too but...I think she'd prefer something a little more mean lookin'. Do they make a meaner hellokitty axe? ;)

tremoloman
December 19th, 2005, 04:43 PM
It's just a basic Affinity with 1 pickup with a Hello Kitty pickguard.

It did give me an idea on how to best customize my "Marilyn" Strat. I'm going to get a piece of PVC and have a picture laminated to it. Then, I'll just cut around the face until I get it right.

It might come out good, or it might be a diaster - but I'm going for it!

Robert
December 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM
It's so cute! :)

Nelskie
December 19th, 2005, 06:44 PM
In a couple of years, there'll be a lot of these hanging in the bargain section of your local music store. Either that, or some nameless, goofball alterna-band will start snapping these up, and smashing them to smithereens during their post-encore equipment wrecking binge. Any way you look at it - they're hideous. But they'll sell loads of them in Japan, by golly! :rolleyes:

tremoloman
December 19th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Now if they come out with a "Looney Tunes" Strat, count me in!

I designed a Strat in Photoshop with a Maple neck and Onlymic White body, with Looney Tunes characters as fret markers. I also have them running around the guitar chasing each other.

I think I've got too much time on my hands now and then... :)

SuperSwede
December 20th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Haha, this will probably be a very expensive guitar in thirty years or so. So buy one now and place in your closet, then you can have it to show off the other dudes at the retirement home your mint condition Hello Kitty guitar ... :D

tremoloman
December 20th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Ahhh... I can imagine Zakk Wylde playing "Crazy Train" on one of these... :)

kerc
June 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM
The black ones would be awesome if you're fronting a punk band. :D