PDA

View Full Version : SRV Tone. Kinda.

marnold
November 26th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I've been searching for something resembling that elusive SRV tone. Since I've gotten my Squier '51, I've come closer than I ever have before. Here's the drill:

Squier '51, stock neck pickup, volume maxed, tuned to Eb with GHS 10s
Behringer TO800: Drive at 9:00, Tone at 2:00, Level at Noon
Vox AD30VT: Black 2x12; Gain, Treble, and Bass at Noon; Volume Maxed; Middle and Master at about 2:00; Reverb to taste

I think the key is the TO800, actually. The Harmony Central reviews rave about how Tube Screamer-like it is. Yes, it drastically alters your tone, but it did with SRV's too. Now if only I could play like him, I'd be all set. This gets me close enough that I want to keep playing and I get a goofy grin on my face. And isn't that what it's all about?

Robert
November 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Congrats, Marnold - yes, that is what it's all about!

I wanna try that Behringer reverb pedal. There so many decent pedals out there today, it's crazy. If I get a chance to try the T0800, I certainly will.

ted s
November 26th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Well Marnold, let's hear this goofy grin :p

Blaze
December 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I knowthis is an old thread here , but i heard this Marshall vintage bluesbreaker general guitar gadget ,i think it is the closest to Steve ray i found..It is fat & nice ..

Check the blues tube here
DGj9IU5os94&feature

WqT5cUUrM8c&feature

Andy
December 27th, 2008, 11:11 AM
didn'r SRV play thru a pair of Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamers?

besides his guitar,amps,hands, I think that was the meat of his tone.
something he always did.

Blaze
December 27th, 2008, 12:43 PM
didn'r SRV play thru a pair of Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamers?

besides his guitar,amps,hands, I think that was the meat of his tone.
something he always did.

I did nt mean that he played with a bluesbreaker ,i find that this pedal have a sound _alike is tone without all the Ray Vaughan gears..