PDA

View Full Version : Paul Simon in Berlin

tjcurtin1
August 25th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Visiting a friend for a few days in Berlin in July, and I saw a poster up for Paul Simon concert. We went and it was great! The show was a really small venue inside an old star-shaped fort on the edge of the city; standing room in front of the stage and a small set of bleachers behind. Simon seemed much younger than he must be - his voice is unchanged. He had a great band of multi-instrumentalists and they did songs from across his career/records. He came out solo in the middle and did 'Sounds of Silence' and then was joined by one of the guitarists for 'Here Comes the Sun' - beautiful. I never would have seen him in the States I don't think, cause I dislike huge venues. This was a great unexpected treat.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/tjcurtin1/IMG_0444a.jpg

djmcconnell
August 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM
He's really such an amazing musician. Just saw a 1960’s era documentary called "Songs of America," on PBS the other day. Really fun to see quality performance footage of Paul and Art.

R_of_G
August 27th, 2011, 11:46 AM
You're so lucky to have gotten a chance to see him in such a setting. What a great experience that must have been.

60's guy
September 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM
It almost looks like that Simon was playing a Guild Starfire V, but the tailpiece doesn't fit the picture.

???????

tjcurtin1
September 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hey 60's - I took a close look at the photo, and it's a Gibson. There were a bunch of fabulous guitars that were on that stage than night...!