PDA

View Full Version : Topical clip from Upsate NY....

duhvoodooman
August 26th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Wish us luck up here. We're supposed to get hammered pretty good.... :eek:

http://www.box.net/shared/rxnfg13u3u2uij034xli

Beerman
August 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Hang in there. I'm no weather dude but I think it won't be as bad (overall) as the media is saying. Of course, someone's going to get hammered and they have to cry the sky is falling but I think the worst is going to be loss of power. I know all the ground is saturated and when that happens here and there's hours and hours of rain, trees fall and power lines break.
Keep us updated.
Got a friend who left New Orleans yesterday to take his daughter to Fordham for Saturday....now pushed back to Monday. He's still on his way. Nuts!

Eric
August 26th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Nice. Is that on your M/B amph?

duhvoodooman
August 27th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Nice. Is that on your M/B amph?
Nah, 'fraid not. I took the quick & lazy route and recorded with POD Farm modeling software through a Line 6 Gear Box Silver Plug-in module run into my PC. Amp model was a JCM800 with a little hall reverb, and I used my R9 LP. You can tell by the string squeaks that it was a rush job!

hubberjub
August 28th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I think we'll be alright. Thanks for the pertinent clip.

mapka
August 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Bob

Hope you made it through the "light rain" OK! :poke Our power was out for 16 hours and started flickering again as I am typing this. Fingers crossed, it will stay on. Got 2.5" of water in basement. Those DVM cases don't float too well, too many holes! :D Now the cleanup begins....

duhvoodooman
August 28th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Turned out to not be too bad at all here in the Albany NY area. A lot of rain, but the wind damage was fairly minimal. A neighbor across the street lost a small tree, but all I had was some leaf bunches and small branches strewn around the yard. Hope everyone else made out as well!

Hope your power stays on, Mark!

hubberjub
August 29th, 2011, 07:15 AM
I'm only about an hour from DVM (outside of Oneonta) and experienced the same. Just a lot of rain and wind. The chicken did not enjoy the change in weather but we did end up with a new laundry basket thanks to the wind.