PDA

View Full Version : just moved to Massachusetts

Pickngrin
August 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hi guys. I just logged in for the first time in awhile, having recently moved from CT to Worcester, MA. Getting settled in the new house here (haven't hung up the guitars yet or set up the music room). This city gets a bad rap it seems, but I think I'm going to like it here. Does anyone have any recommendations for any must-see or must-go places in the region? It's going to be easy to spend time in nearby Boston, so I'm looking forward to that. I want to check out some of the local live music spots, particularly the open mics/jams.

poodlesrule
August 30th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood, or more exactly both the Mass. and Fret neighborhoods!

And get busy with the guitar stuff, repainting the bathroom can wait!

A motorcyclist friend (Dougie) is fond of saying," I don't think I will be on my death bed saying, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time keeping the frontyard neat..!" "

Pickngrin
August 31st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks, Poodlesrule. Fortunately, our house needs no repainting, but regardless, my wife would not agree with that sentiment. I have just a few days off before starting my new job (was commuting back to CT until yesterday), so I want to get out and see more of the area. And yes, gotta tackle the guitar room!

Tig
August 31st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Welcome back to The Fret, stranger!