PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hitting the labor day sales??

progrmr
September 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM
I just hit Guitar Center on my lunch hour...played a couple of those new Gibson's w/ the P-90's...have to admit I wasn't super impressed. Played a couple nice used Epi LP's though and an Epi Rivera with 3 P-90's that was really nice but I think the neck it too chunky.

Anyone planning on spending $$$ they don't have this weekend?? :)

marnold
September 1st, 2011, 11:57 AM
If I hadn't just bought that bass, I probably would be stopping there sometime this weekend. I may still, but it won't be to spend anything. Except bass strings maybe. NWBasser has me thinking about those DR Fat Beams.

NWBasser
September 1st, 2011, 01:27 PM
I'm very interested in this Ampeg PF500 bass head. I've tried it and it sounds superb with great features. Pretty cheap too.

The 15% off makes it very tempting, but I may have to wait until Xmas bonus time or the wife will not like it.

Marnold, the Fatbeams are aces!

Eric
September 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM
I would, but I can't think of anything I need right now. I actually have a gift certificate to Musician's Friend that I got for my birthday this year, but I just can't think of anything I need/want from them right now. I'm in a bit of a lull in terms of playing outside of my house right now, so it could be the 'need' will increase when that changes.

I guess I should ask: are there even any deals through MF this weekend?

NWBasser
September 1st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Eric, MF has a $100 coupon going on.

I'd check out the new Ampeg PF 350 bass amp for your new bass. (Or the PF500 if you really want to rumble!)

Lots of tone for a pretty cheap price.

They sound wonderful and have a rebate deal if you buy both head and cab.

Ho boy, do I like to spend other people's money..:poke

marnold
September 2nd, 2011, 09:25 PM
Got some Fat Beams at GC today. They would match their own website's price on them. . . only if they added in what it would cost for shipping. They guy noticed I was a bit p.o.d. I should just have ordered them from MF. Oh well.Thankfully bass strings last me an eternity.

otaypanky
September 2nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
I thought Musicians Friend had free shipping on everything these days? And they don't charge sales tax out of state IIRC

Neal
September 3rd, 2011, 07:38 AM
This is when I load up on strings

kiteman
September 3rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
I've been eyeing the Blackstar 4x8 speaker cabinet but $30 off $249 isn't enough to make me go for it.

It's for my Handsome Devil head.

FrankenFretter
September 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
No monies to spend, but I don't really need anything at the moment anyway. I'm fairly well stocked on strings, not GASsing for anything much these days, and my amphs are everything I need. There are a couple pedals I want, but no urgent need for those. Hope the rest of you have some shopping fun, though!

Neal
September 4th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I just picked up a dozen sets of DR stings at GC for 59. I thought yhat was prety good>