PDA

View Full Version : Looking for drum machine

M29
November 27th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Hello All,

I have done a search on this subject but wanted to know if there has been any new experience with this subject? I just sold my Jay Turser LP copy and want to pickup some sort of drum machine that I can play along with and also get a decent recording with. I used to play drums for a living and might be somewhat fussy. I know I may be asking for quite a bit but is there anything that stands out in your mind in the 200/300 $ range? I have read some so so reviews on the Korg/Zoom/Yamaha units but is there anything else that I should take a look at?

Thank you for your time and help.

M29

Spudman
November 27th, 2006, 11:18 AM
If you don't need a stand alone unit then something free for the computer is a pretty good way to go. I think there are plenty of free drums available somewhere on the web. Stuff like loops and even Beatcraft is pretty cheap.

Otherwise a Zoom 123 or 234 is a pretty good sounding unit and they are relatively inexpensive used. I know Boss makes some too but I haven't ever had my hands on any.

M29
November 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Hello Spudman!

Thank you very much! I downloaded Beatcraft and I like it aloaat! I was thinking of a stand alone unit but I think this will do. I want something to jam to and to put some ideas down with but I also want something to do a decent recording with. If I need something different down the road I will keep and eye open but this will do for now and it is priced decent. The thing is very easy to use so far. Do you have any examples of stuff you used it for that I could get an idea of the possiblities? Maybe a couple links of yours on the site?

Thanks again for your time and help.

M29