PDA

View Full Version : Evacuation time (really)

syo
September 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Typhoon is rolling through very slowly which means lots of rain falling. We live on the side of a river which is getting very high. They have been calling for evacuation the last 3 hours so we've been packing up the birds, dog and moving valuables upstairs. We'll go to the father-in-laws who lives on a hill. Bummer... I wanted to practice tonight!

Eric
September 3rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Yikes! Stay safe, Syo. I hope that nothing gets damaged!

Katastrophe
September 3rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Be careful, man! I hope everything turns out okay.

Spudman
September 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
I hope this turns out well. Stay in touch.

bcdon
September 3rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Stay dry, well, on the outside... on the inside, have a dram or two. Nothing like a Single Malt to cure the rainy blues. Take care!!

FrankenFretter
September 3rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
Be safe, my friend!

marnold
September 3rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
After a tsunami, nuclear crisis, and now a typhoon, I would not be terribly surprised to hear about a Gamera sighting.

Be safe there, syo.

syo
September 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
After a tsunami, nuclear crisis, and now a typhoon, I would not be terribly surprised to hear about a Gamera sighting.

Be safe there, syo.

Actually that was last week...:D

Just got back to the house and all is ok. The river is still incredibly high but perhaps we'll move everyone back today as the forecast seems to be for the rain tapering off.
It was quite a chore last night. Had to carry lots violins upstairs along with some odd important (to us) stuff. Getting the birds ready and out was quite stressful too.
On top of it, I had just started a new medication which knocked me pretty well for a loop before all of this. I guess we learned a valuable lesson about being prepared.

Thanks all, for the good wishes. They worked!

Tig
September 3rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
I'm glad everything is OK. Hopefully it will stay that way.
These weather systems can get serious, as a few million people along the US East Coast found out.