PDA

View Full Version : PodXT Live and Vox AD30VT Amp

djmcconnell
November 27th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I'm a newbie to electric guitar, but am interested in getting a PodXT Live to make life more fun and interesting.

I already have a Vox AD30VT practice amp and wondered if anyone has experience in getting the cleanest sound from the Vox so it doesn't flavor the PodXT too much so you can get predictable results when working with a non-modeled amp or a front of house system.

Would love your thoughts on that.

Dave

duhvoodooman
November 27th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Boutique CL would be my first choice, Blackface 2x12 second.

tot_Ou_tard
November 27th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I'm a newbie to electric guitar, but am interested in getting a PodXT Live to make life more fun and interesting.

I already have a Vox AD30VT practice amp and wondered if anyone has experience in getting the cleanest sound from the Vox so it doesn't flavor the PodXT too much so you can get predictable results when working with a non-modeled amp or a front of house system.

Would love your thoughts on that.

Dave
Are you saying that you want to run the POD in front of the AD30VT?

Has anyone here tried that? I have heard that running a digital modeler into a digital modeler doesn't produce good results.

Robert
November 27th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Hey djmcconnell, be sure to post an intro in the Fret Player section!

I think you should be getting better tones from the AD30VT itself than having the Pod go into it. A standalone amp made for modeling units would sound better, like the Atomic stuff.

I agree with DVM, but I'd put the Blackface model first.

Lev
November 28th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Hey Dave,

I have an AD50vt and it doesn't react too well to my modelling FX. I tried it with my Zoom G2 and couldn't get anything really usable so I've reverted to using my Fender amps and may sell/trade in the AD50vt. It might work better if it had an FX loop, the problem seems to be adding any kind of distortion model from your FX infront of the Vox models (even the clean one's) just seems to give a very processed tone.

There are other options, if you're going to pay for a podxt have a think about buying the line6 spider III amp for around the same price - this gives you almost all of the POD features built into the amp for a similar price (depending on what size Spider you choose). Stay away from the Spider II unless it's metal you want but I just read a review of the new Spider III in Guitarist magazine and it's supposed to be pretty versatile they gave it 4.5 out of 5.