PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fellas

Glacies
September 6th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Not sure if any of you guys remember me, I posted a bit here a few years ago when I was trying to pick up the guitar - I got really frustrated with lessons and quit for a while. For some reason about a year ago I just picked it up without any extra formal education and haven't been able to put it down since. It was weird how I got so into it too, but suffice to say I learned like 2 powerchords on my own, thought those were the coolest things, realized they make up a lot of classic rock, then I started learning some more complicated rhythms and well, I'm just having a blast playing. Been doing a lot of blues lately, currently Texas Style blues with the walking bassline ala SRV but much clumsier :)

Anyway, I'm frankensteining an old Memphis guitar I just picked up off of craigslist for $50 (tele model - feels really good), and building a bit of a modern version of a '57 Champ from scratch. I thought I'd hit the forum for some tips on these things and thought some of you might be interested in my progress so stay tuned for some pics/vids and notes (and I'll be searching for similar threads from you guys). Hope everyone has been doing well since the last time I was here :dude

Katastrophe
September 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Dude! Haven't seen you post in quite a while. Glad to have you back, but because of your long abscence you're gonna have to buy us all a virtual beer.

Tig
September 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Welcome back to playing and to The Fret!

marnold
September 6th, 2011, 12:34 PM
QVS3WNt7yRU

Spudman
September 6th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Welcome back. I'm glad to hear that this time around your experience is better with the guitar.

mapka
September 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I can relate to your learning dilemma. I had a great teacher when I was like 9 years old but had to leave his tutelage. It took me almost 35 years to find another. Welcome back to The Fret and hope you enjoy your renewed addiction! :D

bcdon
September 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Welcome back!!

Glacies
September 7th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome back guys. You have such a cool community here and it's really cool to be a part of it.

Dude! Haven't seen you post in quite a while. Glad to have you back, but because of your long abscence you're gonna have to buy us all a virtual beer.

Well, I suppose the hazing could be worse... :beer: