PDA

View Full Version : 2 or more pedal boards?

Tone2TheBone
November 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM
.......how many of you actually have more than one pedal board? Have any of you felt the need to exclude certain pedals from your present board and have those sit on another one? Say for instance you have way too many pedals like Spud...and you've only got room for say 8 or so pedals on your current board. What do you do? Make another one? Alternate them every so often? I'd just as soon make another board. Anyone done this? Discuss.

Robert
November 27th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Good question! I am currently possessing more pedals than my home made board can hold. What should I do? I'm thinking about buying a huge, honkin' professional board.

Tone2TheBone
November 27th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Rob - I've already run out of connections for my pedals! I'd have to run new pedals with batteries if I wanted them on the board! Me with pedals can you imagine!? :) I want to hear what these guys do about our problem.

Spudman
November 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Simple...(not really)

Build another pedal board and use an A-B or a loop selector pedal. Behringer makes a couple for $20 and $30.

If you want to lug both then you'll need the A-B pedal. If you don't want to lug both then you have two functioning pedal boards. Ideally you'll set them up so each works as a stand alone effects center. One can have all your mild crunch and modulation effects and the other board can have the high gain spatial effects. One should suit an amph or situation better than the other. So when you go off somewhere to jam you can ask, "blond or brunette?" Having a choice can be fun.

Tone2TheBone
November 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Spud - having both blondes and brunettes is a lovely idea. :D A redhead or two would also be swell.

I was thinking...having one board for say one amph...and having one for another. The a/b thing sounds interesting too. Or maybe I'll just go back to using only the amph and selling all my pedals...on Ebay! J/K.

Spudman
November 27th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Or maybe I'll just go back to using only the amph and selling all my pedals...on Ebay! J/K.

I'll give you $25 for the CS9.

Robert
November 27th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I'll give you $30 for the CS9.

marnold
November 27th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'll give you $30 for the CS9.
Yeah, but that's Canadian, so that's what . . . $5.46? :)

Justaguyin_nc
July 23rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
Simple...(not really)

Build another pedal board and use an A-B or a loop selector pedal. Behringer makes a couple for $20 and $30.

And if an A-B just isnt enough.. well..

http://www.loop-master.com/

Has a great assortment of A-B-C A-B-Y and loop switchers.. check them out..