PDA

View Full Version : Line6 JM4 Looper Pedal

cebreez
September 12th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Hey guys! I have a Line6 JM4 Looper Pedal I have had for a little while and I dont seem to be getting the use out of it that I thought I would. Im not 100% sure I want to sell it but I thought I would entertain some offers. There are some other pedals I want and selling the JM4 would be a great way to justify getting them. I dont remember what the retail was but it was up there a bit. It is in great shape complete with SD card and the original box and manual. Don't be shy, I will listen to any offer. I will try to post some picks when I get them uploaded.

Thanks,
cebreez

Spudman
September 12th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Do you have a starting price range? I have no idea what they are worth. How about $100 cash?

cebreez
September 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hey Spudman.. Nice price but a little bit low. Not caring to make anything off of it just dont want to get hosed. Took that spanking a few too many times lately. BUT.... Having said that! (my favorite line ;)) I would consider doing some trading. The JM4 "retails" for $300 which as I remember is just slightly over what I paid for it. It is used but not abused and I dont want near that for it. I'm still looking at some new or used pedals.

BBe Mind Bender
TC Electronics Corona Chorus or Stereo Chorus (these are pricey... arrrgghh)
Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
BBe Crusher
Marshall -Guv'nor-Regenerator-Supervibe-Bluesbreaker

Just to name a few. Obviously I dont need them all but I need an extra Chorus and I like to keep around a couple or three good distortion/od pedals depending on the gig or my mood.

cebreez
September 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Just to let y'all know I'm not getting rid of this because I dont like it. I just don't have as much a need for it as I thought and I really want to play with some different pedals. If you have just a couple of the pedals on my want list drop me a line and lets deal. I'll ship this thing tomorrow if somebody wants it bad enough!

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z326/Cebreez/Instruments%20and%20Gear/Amps%20and%20Effects/0914111344a.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z326/Cebreez/Instruments%20and%20Gear/Amps%20and%20Effects/0914111343.jpg

cebreez
September 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Sorry about the crappy pictures!! It doesn't look blurry in person. I'll have to swap cameras and try it again.

Commodore 64
September 16th, 2011, 09:52 AM
With the latest looper pedals being recently introduced, the JM-4 (AND RC20 and Jamman Solo) are older tech. Unfortunately, I believe you will have a tough time getting more than $150 for it.

cebreez
September 17th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I disagree. The JM4 was and is a totally different pedal than the standard loopers. The same technology in the JM4 is still being used in Line6's new line of Multi-fx pedals including the new HD series. Its more than a looper. With its built in Drum loops, Jam tracks, Amp and fx models, and phrase length governed only by the size of SD car you put in it, its a class above most of the other pedals. At least it was until recently when digitech upped the ante on their newest Jammans. If I really needed a looper the only one I would have besides the JM4 is the Boss RC-50 for its selective layering capability. I do have the original Lexicon Jam'man which is better than all of them for sound quality. But it only has a very limited memory, fine for performance but not a bedroom jam machine. Lookup Phil Keaggy and "Salvation Army Band" on youtube. He uses a Lexicon Jam'man as well as an array of pedals.

cebreez
September 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM
To get back on topic.... The currently agreed worth of this pedal is $150 . I will feel like I'm losing alot on the deal if I took that in cash but look at the list above of pedals I'm looking for and if you have a couple of them you would like to trade I would be glad to do that. Considering the JM4 is still selling for $300 I would find it hard to believe anyone would pass at this deal. Its like finding one at a yard sale and grandma has no clue what it is. Take care all!!

Eric
September 17th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Good luck with the sale. I'm pretty happy with my RC-2, but if you want to mess around a lot more that seems like an OK price for the JM4.

cebreez
September 17th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks Eric. I agree and hence my problem. I have no need for it. I have musicians I jam with. I have the ability to make my own jam tracks and when I'm not doing that I plop in a cd and play along with that. It is though a great tool for the aspiring musician or even a band with only one guitarist although I can't say I'd recommend it for live use. It can be done but its a little quirky in that regard. It does have pretty good delay and modulation effects and that is all I really ever used it for. Like having extra pedals when you need it.

cebreez
September 25th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I'll let this go for $150 cash if anyone is interested. Just to let you know though Spudman has first dibs!

Spudman
September 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'll let this go for $150 cash if anyone is interested. Just to let you know though Spudman has first dibs!

Thanks but I'm going to hold out for either the new Boss RC300 or an RC50.

cebreez
September 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I understand Spudman. Just trying to get rid of the stuff I'm not using.

Spudman
September 25th, 2011, 06:43 PM
PMd cebreez.

cebreez
September 25th, 2011, 08:11 PM
PMd Spudman

Spudman
October 2nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
As much as I like my Boss RC20XL this JM4 (thanks ceebreez) is another new dimension. Not only can I do just plain looping, but also I can add loops to the great backing tracks (drums or songs) or just play the amph models without looping. Fantastic piece of gear and a great way to improve your playing. It really makes me want to play when there is some accompaniment. I can see this pedal getting plenty of use in my house. Not sure about using it live though, at least not yet. It's a bit complex to maneuver compared to a basic looper like the RC20 XL.