PDA

View Full Version : GM Acadia (2007)

Robert
September 15th, 2011, 02:51 PM
GM Acadia (2007) - any opinions on it?

http://www.edmunds.com/gmc/acadia/2007/#fullreview

Our 2000 Toyota Sienna is falling apart big time, and the local dealer has a nice looking 2007 GM Acadia in.

Anyone familiar with this model?

Katastrophe
September 15th, 2011, 03:54 PM
The Acadia is a nice, comfy car. We own it's little brother, the Equinox. I've heard reports of the Acadia being on the porky side weight wise, and I've talked to a couple of Acadia owners when we shopped for our car. I didn't hear anything bad about 'em. As always, YMMV...

Glacies
September 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I had it as a rental for work about 2 years ago and loved it. Roomy, comfortable and did great on gas on the highway. We're thinking about buying one when we start a family.

Bookkeeper's Son
September 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Glacies' comments remind me of advice I've read about car buying, and that is to rent the vehicle you're considering. That way, you get a 24 hour test drive, much better than 10 minutes with a salesman in the back seat. Whether you buy one or not, 20 bucks (or so) is cheap research money. Robert, you can ask the dealer for a 24 hour test drive of the Acadia you're considering, as it's not an unusual thing for dealers to do.

Robert
September 16th, 2011, 02:29 PM
We are scrapping the idea about the Acadia. Too many issues mentioned on the review sites....

Looking at the Chev Equinox now. :)