PDA

View Full Version : Weird Dream

marnold
September 20th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I had a dream last night that I was playing guitar in a new band formed by Night Ranger vocalist/bassist Jack Blades. I was playing rhythm. There was somebody else playing lead. Blades was singing/playing bass. We were playing to either a drummer who wasn't near us or a pre-recorded drum track (it seems to me that that "reality" changed a couple of times in the dream). We were playing for some festival thing and it was the first time we were performing. When we began to play, I realized that I had no idea what the songs were. After listening for a bit, I figured out the chord progression. I do remember that the song was in F.

Then I realized that I couldn't hear anything from my guitar. The people in charge said that they assumed that everyone would be using wireless so I wasn't hooked up. I got my amph on, which was mic'd into the PA. All the amphs for all the artists were way off stage right, nowhere near the performers. Near my amph was a woman and her small child. She kept turning down the gain on my Jet City because it was too noisy for the child.

We managed to get through everything. I had to remind Blades to get me the info on the songs so I could actually learn them. I wish I could remember what the name of the group was. I remember seeing a logo. The main song that got the biggest response sounded a lot like a particular Night Ranger song, although I can't remember which one now. One of the rawkier ones.

Any of you dream experts want to offer any interpretations? I haven't the foggiest idea why Jack Blades would get in my head. I'm not a Night Ranger fan (although I know the lyrics to all of their songs that were on the radio, I think) and I don't remember seeing him on anything recently.

Eric
September 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Well, it makes for a good story even if it doesn't mean anything. I wouldn't mind playing rhythm guitar for a rock band at a festival -- maybe I can star in your next rawk dream sequence??

Spudman
September 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Welp...looks like this one is going to cost you some couch time and $65 an hour to figure out. Personally, I'd just drink some beers and forget about it. You don't really want to know the interpretation.

Jack and Brad were just on That Metal Show and have a new album out "Somewhere In California."

marnold
September 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Well, it makes for a good story even if it doesn't mean anything. I wouldn't mind playing rhythm guitar for a rock band at a festival -- maybe I can star in your next rawk dream sequence??
Nothing against you, Eric, but if I'm dreaming, I'd rather have Scarlett Johansson around than you or Jack Blades for that matter :)

poodlesrule
September 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Scarlett Johansson plays lead now..?

FrankenFretter
September 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM
That's a great dream. Pretty funny, too. I love the part where the mother is turning your gain down, that's hilarious!

In most of my guitar dreams, I can play way better than in real life, and it's all effortless, like I've been doing it forever. I wish some of that would carry over into reality.

marnold
September 20th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Does it matter? :)

Katastrophe
September 20th, 2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4hp5HZ2aU

Probably their rawkiest tune... Was it this one????

Pretty cool that even though you were at a festival, the little Jet City was still your amph. :)

Tig
September 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM

A google image search for "Scarlett Johansson leaked photos" and "Katy Perry leaked photos" put them in a lead position, I'm sure.

Eric
September 20th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Pretty cool that even though you were at a festival, the little Jet City was still your amph. :)
Yeah I'd argue that this was probably mostly a dream about his Jet City, huh?

marnold
September 20th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Probably their rawkiest tune... Was it this one????

I wish I would have written down the words I remembered when I woke up. As soon as I started looking up Night Ranger songs I got confused.

Yep, twas my Jet City and my Jackson. As much as I've been playing bass lately, I would have assumed that I would be playing bass instead!

Commodore 64
September 21st, 2011, 09:32 AM
When you close your eyes, do you dream, dream about me?

Tig
September 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
When you close your eyes, do you dream, dream about me?

When he dreams. he dreams in infrared.

marnold
September 21st, 2011, 09:16 PM
I only dream in black and white
I only dream 'cause I'm alive
I only dream in black and white
To save me from myself

Spudman
September 22nd, 2011, 07:11 AM
Now I just had a weird dream. I'm at a high school gymnasium watching Van Halen. Nobody is on the floor but are all plastered against the back and side walls. I notice a towel on the ground in front of the stage and I go pick it up. When I get almost back to the back of the room I turn and throw the towel at David Lee Roth. It falls short and lands on the floor again. I go pick it up and then just as they start playing Running With the Devil I turn and throw it at him this time landing it square on his chest.

That's all I remember. I know I didn't play any guitar and it seems I didn't interact with anybody else in the dream.

Robert
September 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Funny stuff. I never remember any of my dreams, if I even have any. Maybe just as well. :)

poodlesrule
September 22nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Funny stuff. I never remember any of my dreams, if I even have any. Maybe just as well. :)

Maybe not:
A famous ballet creator (M. Bejart, perhaps?) once got in the habit of keeping a notepad by his night table, and was able to write down "'fresh" details about his dreams, and ended up creating a piece based on this material.
I heard the story years ago, and have no way of verifying. I do know that once in a while I am able to write down some vivid "bits", and that is often enough to recreate the bulk of the "dreamscape"

Spudman
September 22nd, 2011, 04:10 PM

In the past (before people moved in with me) I would wake from a dream with a mostly composed song. Now days it's rare I remember anything after waking. It must be my urge to urinate that purges the dream from my mind. My dreams must sail with the tide.

kiteman
September 23rd, 2011, 07:36 AM
I remember that I dreamt I was a rock star. Don't remember who I played with or where but I rocked out.

Funny thing is, my guitar is the only thing I heard. :)