PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, Robert

Taurus
September 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
I was pleased to find out this forum is your baby, Robert. I have had Dolfinstreet as a favorite for some time. I have stalked around at Gear page, Harmony central, and am a refugee from the fender forum. I am a 62 y.o. f*ck, in construction and hating my life as I should have spent it on guitar. I play everyday, now. Competent, but wanting to get better. I'm looking for a way to get out of working all the time, and just get good before I die.

I have a MIA Stratocaster Delux. 50th anniversity 2 tone sunburst, and it, for whatever reason the gods have, is my main guitar. I also have 2 real nice Tele's.
But, I realized tonight, I'm just not a Tele guy. I dig Mr. Paisley, and have all his stuff, but, man, I cant play clean on a Tele. Popa Chubby, Matt Schofield, are my main heroes.

I play blues in a traditional way with lots of stretching into the next tone ,but I am working on developing a tight, punchy style that moves into position up and down the neck. That is my goal for now. No more straining.

I found your forum after googling "Is stratocaster the best guitar ever?" Ha ha.

Anyway, I find you to be a real gentleman, and I am glad to be here.

Robert
September 23rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
Hey man, good to have you here! You've found a great place to hang out. It is full o friendly people. Thanks for joining and make yourself at home!

Brian Krashpad
September 26th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Welcome! Teles can be hard to play. Used my '52 RI at practice last night on a Jason Mraz (sp?) song and all those jazzy chords were a challenge to say the least.

Despite that, I'm still a Tele man over Strats. Different strokes!

Tig
September 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Taurus!
I like Tele's, Strat's, Les Pauls, and most anything with P90's or TV Jones pickups, etc., etc... (I guess I'm a guitar slut)

This is a good place full of great folks that are enablers of GAS, so try to fight sudden impulse buying of gear.

Algonquin
September 26th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the Fret Taurus!

Cheers :beer:

bcdon
September 26th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Welcome aboard, Taurus! I share your goal in life -- to get get good before I die -- as well as your opinion of Robert, a class act to be sure. :dude

Jipes
September 28th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Nice to have you here Taurus, I also end up here after following the Dolphin Street web page !

Taurus
September 28th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Brian, it's that damned 'ashtray' on the Tele that makes it a struggle for me. I've thought about taking the bridge off, and milling down the flange on the upper edge. I can mute the heavy strings on a Strat without even thinking about it. With the Tele, I'm droning like a sitar half the time.

Jipes, you live in Alsace, where the make Fischer-LaBelle? Unreal, man.

Jipes
September 28th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Jipes, you live in Alsace, where the make Fischer-LaBelle? Unreal, man.

Not far indeed, love that beer :dance

Robert
September 28th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Haven't heard that one! French beer is not common here.

Jipes, have you tried anything from http://www.unibroue.com?

These guys also make great beer - http://mcauslan.com/

Jipes
September 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM
No Robert I think I have drink once the Blanche Chambly but I usually drink beer only when I'm playing gigs. At home I favour white wine