PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Zoo Run National 10K race

Robert
September 24th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Ahh, what a day. I got a 13 km warmup before my race. :) :bootyshake
My hotel is only 5 km from the zoo, so I decided to get up early and walk/jog there. Wrote down the instructions and studied the map. Well, it turns out I read it wrong. What I thought to be east, was actually west. By the time I realized this, I had already put in some 6km... so I backtracked and got there 10 minutes before race start, WELL WARMED UP... hehe

I had 34:23 and was 4th Master. I think I would have been 3rd if I had done a shorter warmup.... :)

This was my slowest 10K race this year. My best has been 33:49.

I had fun anyway. Now I'm going to see what other fun things I can do while I'm in Toronto. Hoping for a jazz or blues club tonight, and maybe Niagara Falls tomorrow.

I'm meeting Algonquin on Monday! Looking forward to that.

Tig
September 24th, 2011, 11:15 AM
You did good, considering your warmup was longer than the race! :applause
Now about those map reading skills... :poke

Spudman
September 24th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Nice job amigo.

I did something similar myself. I thought I could ride an easy 9 miles from the house to a mountain bike race start. I did the ride and got to the start with plenty of time to spare...only to find that the start was moved 5 miles away. I showed up at the new start considerably winded just in time to pay and pin on my number and then go. Still ended up 3rd, but first was paying $200 and I could have really used that.

Algonquin
September 25th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Congrats on the race Rob! :AOK

Now just need to sync up on what hotel you're at, and we're all good!

Algonquin
September 28th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'm meeting Algonquin on Monday! Looking forward to that.

Had a good time Rob! :AOK Hope you enjoyed yourself as well, and made it back home in one piece!
David

Robert
September 28th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks David for being the Tourist Guide! :)

I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to do that. I have a GREAT time!