PDA

View Full Version : The fender forum

player
September 25th, 2011, 09:53 PM
like hundreds of others I belong to it.that said. every time there is a contest I enter.be it gear or concerts.
had a call this last Thursday I won a set of tickets to my chemical romance for the next day at midnight.when looking at the actual email sent for it as it turns out they were tix for Blink 182 at one of the venues here I never heard of in a not so good neighborhood.long story short had to turn them down due to a mishap at the gym that morning.

moral here is that real people that enter really do win as some already know.

riverrick
September 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Congrats player......I guess you really can win one of those contests. Was begining to think it was just a scam to get email address. Still waiting for my turn....lol

Brian Krashpad
October 4th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I saw Blink 182 for free at a festival my band played back in the '90's. This was early on when they were still called just Blink. They were absolute assh*les onstage. You didn't miss anything-- and this is coming from a punk rock fan.

Ch0jin
October 5th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I'm with Krashpad, I saw them (with the 182 attached) and they sucked pretty bad. Just non-stop teenage d*ck jokes and the like, and sloppy as hell. If you get a chance to see Green Day though, do it. The two bands couldn't not be more opposite. I saw them a couple years back play like a 3.5 hour set and nail everything. Total pro's.

And Riverrick. You aren't wrong mate. It's not a 'scam' as such, but these kind of marketing activities (sms to win, email to win etc) ARE frequently just ways of creating contact databases. I work in marketing as it happens ;)

Eric
October 5th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I saw Blink 182 for free at a festival my band played back in the '90's. This was early on when they were still called just Blink. They were absolute assh*les onstage. You didn't miss anything-- and this is coming from a punk rock fan.
Huh. I don't follow them at all, but how were they a-holes? Just the same sort of stuff mentioned by Ch0jin, or were they actually mean?