PDA

View Full Version : Chickenfoot III streaming in its entirety

marnold
September 26th, 2011, 01:09 PM
For your listening pleasure, AOL Music has Chickenfoot's second album, ironically titled "III", streaming in its entirety.

http://music.aol.ca/new-releases-full-cds/#/3

Thanks to Blabbermouth for the linkage.

Spudman
September 26th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Thank you mucho padre.

marnold
September 26th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Por nada.

Lev
September 27th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Is it just me or is the guitar tone very compressed? Some of the rhythm parts sound like they were recorded using amp modelling rather than using a real amp? Maybe I need my ears cleaned out! I just don't hear that ballsy tone of Down the Drain from the first record. I do like that on some of the songs Satch has backed off the gain a lot... interesting to hear him playing with a cleaner tone.

marnold
September 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I haven't listened to the whole thing, but given how quickly the files download, my guess would be that the streaming version isn't exactly CD-quality. The whole thing is probably pretty heavily compressed for streaming purposes. Of course, I wouldn't be able to say without listening to the CD itself.

Lev
September 27th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah I did think of that but the vocals, drums and bass didn't sound so compressed. I'm sure you're right though, better to reserve judgement until the CD comes out.

Spudman
September 27th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I like the darkness and intensity of the first record a little better. On this one it appears to me they are looking for a radio hit.