PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Nelskie
December 16th, 2005, 03:15 PM
So what's up with "Have You Heard"? Well, here's the deal. Having been on this forum for awhile, I often see members citing a particular guitarist's tone(s), or performances that they've heard on specific songs / albums / CD's / DVD's etc. For those with a more inquisitive nature, like me, who would like to know more about it than that, "Have You Heard" is the place where you can go to "get the dirt".

Along with that, this will be an area of the forum where you can go to engage in some in-depth discussion about many of the other things that go hand-in-hand with great guitarists and bands. You know - the really meaty stuff: recording history, gear preferences, transitional periods, different line-ups, collaborations, marquee albums (and flops), upcoming projects, etc. With all of us having a common bond as guitar players, these are the kinds of things that I am hoping will *spark* new musical & tonal discoveries, or perhaps play a part in leading each of us to an untouched musical "gem" that we otherwise may not have known about.

Being a self-proclaimed music "buff", I hope to be able to add some additional flavor to the "brew" with an occasional historical insight or commentary about a guitarist or band that may have played an integral part in the evolution of rock / blues guitar (since that's my particular area of expertise), whether it be from a particular playing style, sound, production / technical aspect, or whatever. As well, I am excited about the aspect of learning about music or guitar players that I myself am not all that familiar with - stuff like jazz, fusion, or perhaps even classical.

So, with proverbial champagn bottle in hand, I christen this ship the USS "Have You Heard". Warp factor one, Mr. Sulu.