PDA

View Full Version : Hey old schoolers!

luvmyshiner
September 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Haven't been around in awhile. Looks like a lot of changes. Hope everyone is doing well.

Robert
September 30th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Hey bro! Great to see you post again!

How you been?

luvmyshiner
September 30th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Gettin' old my friend. Trying to keep up with my lovely child bride. Recently got an Epi Riviera and she's sweet! How are you doing?

Robert
September 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Gettin old too... been running races hard this summer and it's been fun.

I have had a few gigs with my friend Myra and the rest of the band. I just quit another band - a rock band we've been trying to make fly, but bass players keep on quitting. I grew tired of getting nowhere.

Haven't played too much acoustic this year, but I got a nice Norman acoustic that I'd like to record some stuff with this winter.

sunvalleylaw
September 30th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Hey Shiner! Great to hear from you! I bet it is hard to keep up with CB. Hope you didn't bring tractor guy with you! ;)

Childbride
September 30th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Robert, I medaled in my first 5k in my division. We're nearly NAUI certified and have a trip to Grand Turk booked for next feb. Guitar playing together is wonderful and life is good. :)

Robert
September 30th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Robert, I medaled in my first 5k in my division. We're nearly NAUI certified and have a trip to Grand Turk booked for next feb. Guitar playing together is wonderful and life is good. :)

NAUI = National Association of Underwater Instructors?

Congrats on your 5k! I just ran nationals 10k in Toronto last week, and I was 3rd in my age category. I love running. I find it to be a good combo with playing guitar! Well done, CB.

I have been developing another hobby (read: obsession)... photography! I have to be careful so that I don't run out of hours of the day to do all this stuff... :whatever:

sunvalleylaw
September 30th, 2011, 09:58 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/shinerbock.jpg

:AOK:drool::dance:beavisnbutthead:

Katastrophe
October 1st, 2011, 08:14 AM
It's good to see you both posting here! I gotta see some more pics of that Epi.

CB, way to go! That's quite an accomplishment. Congrats!

FrankenFretter
October 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hey Shiner, I was wondering whether you were ever coming back or not. Welcome back!

Childbride
October 1st, 2011, 04:10 PM
NAUI = National Association of Underwater Instructors?

yes sir, that would be accurate. :AOK

if everything works according to plan, we do our check out dives next weekend. :cool: [fingers crossed]

and to be honest, i wasn't running... what i do is kinda a combo of speed walking and jogging? running turns my daily issues with sciatica into 'i can't feel my right foot'. which i interpret to be a bad thing... [sigh] but it's more about me doing the things i want to check off my list safely during my life for me than time. i want to accomplish a half marathon, but i need more training first before i do that.

i hear you about finding the time/obsessions. :) we just need another 12 hours a day and it'd be a cakewalk. :thwap

Kat: thank you! :)

marnold
October 1st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Shiner's in the hizzouse! Good to see you (well, figuratively anyway)! Got me a new bass whilst you were gone which you can read all about in the bass section, appropriately enough. I know you hang on my every gear purchase.

Congrats on the race, CB! Unfortunately, I've kind of fallen off my running. Hopefully this week I can get back to it again.

Tig
October 1st, 2011, 08:33 PM
Cool! I always wanted to be an Old Schooner!

http://www.willhyler.com/wp-content/uploads/OldSchooner.jpg

Good to see you two back. Hope all is well in Waco.

piebaldpython
October 1st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Glad to see you kids checking in. See, ever since you both gave up cigarettes, now you have money to do cool stuff like Scuba diving. lol How's Maggie, your dog, doing? Does she get to Scuba too? If yes, you have to post pics of her.

Childbride
October 1st, 2011, 10:15 PM
Tig, schooners it is.

Pie, mags has had a staph infection for three months. She's trying to kill me by exhaustion. Every 4 am, 5 am, 6 am... She wakes me up scratching. She's killing me. But my playing marches forward.

Edit: Pie, the scuba cost the two of us less than 120 + a pool fee. [the vet bills... totally different matter.] Marnold, very sweet looking bass.

Algonquin
October 2nd, 2011, 09:32 PM
:wave:
Cheers :beer:
David

Brian Krashpad
October 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Glad to see y'all back Shiner and CB! Congrats on the running and really glad to hear about not smoking. While you were gone my WMMW found a lump on my neck that I was told was probably "just a cyst," since I've been a non-smoker for decades (and was only an occasional "social" smoker at worst for a very brief period back in the early '80's). Despite a clear needle biopsy, it turned out to be throat (tonsil) cancer. So they yanked all that (tonsil and 20 lymph nodes) out, and I did chemo and radiation for awhile. Am fine now (with the exception of ongoing side effects of the treatment rather than the cancer), back "singing" and playing in my bands. In fact, I'm about 50 pounds lighter (yay!).

Don't be strangers!

luvmyshiner
October 4th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks y'all. Marnold, I've been looking for a bass to get my son-in-law for Christmas. Yes, my baby girl married a bass player. Could've been worse. He could've been a drummer.

Scary stuff Brian. Glad you have a good doctor and clean bill of health my friend!