PDA

View Full Version : Well.........i'll be darned.....

piebaldpython
September 30th, 2011, 06:20 PM
OK.....the following is an OBSERVATION I made.....because what I saw mildly shocked me....as in OH WOW....I'LL BE DARNED.

As most of you know, I'm Roman Catholic from Philly.....the most conservative Archdiocese in the USA. Due to a stuttering problem as a lad, I never went to Catholic school but did the whole CCD thing.

Anyway, the bus I take in the morning goes right past Our Lady of Ransom Catholic Church and School (K-8). Many a morning I see Moms and/or Dads walking their kids (in their uniforms) through the schoolyard to school.

So, imagine my surprise when my tired self saw a kid in uniform walking in the schoolyard and his Mom was in a full BURQA (sp ?). You know, the outfit Muslim (Islamic ?) women wear that covers the entire body except for an eye slit. I was floored and then kind of laughed to my self........as the Catholic school reputation for rote learning/DISCIPLINE. LOL

Eric
September 30th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Interesting indeed. I guess that's some evidence that the Catholic school thing is well beyond the religion bounds at this point, huh?

mapka
October 1st, 2011, 06:47 AM
Do the Catholic schools still teach theology as part of their curriculum? I would love to sit in on that class with that child! Especially if it is taught by the nun from "The Blues Brothers"! :D