PDA

View Full Version : Strymon Lex Rotary Speaker Pedal

duhvoodooman
October 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I can't remember the last time I bought a commercial effects pedal. But ever since I first heard the demo on this puppy, I've been leching for one. I was fortunate enough to have more than enough in the "gear kitty" to cover it, so I've ordered one. Somebody kick me for spending $300 on an effects pedal! :spank But DAY-UM, it shore sounds purty!!! Supposed to be delivered next Monday 10/10....

http://www.strymon.net/products/lex/

The Strymon product page has a ton of demo clips on it--check a few of them out. These guys make some really amazing effects pedals using very sophisticated DSP emulation technology, combined with analog circuitry to keep the output sounding warm and natural. Robert has one or two Strymon pedals, as I recall. Not cheap, by a LONG shot, but sometimes ya just gotta pay if ya wanna play.... :dude

Here's a Premier Guitar demo off YouTube:

POT62kAaJ0U#!

Robert
October 4th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah this pedal is fabulous. I smile every time I turn it on. :D

Here is my demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE6xjpAlXVM

sunvalleylaw
October 4th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I really like the sound of that pedal. If I get myself up to some sort of speed on like Riviera Paradise, then maybe I will get myself one!

EDIT: BTW, I like Robert's demo way better!

duhvoodooman
October 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah this pedal is fabulous. I smile every time I turn it on. :D

Here is my demo:How the heck did I miss this demo when you first posted it?? :thwap Sounds great, RR! :thumbsup

I knew you did a giveaway on one of these, but didn't realize that you owned one!

Ch0jin
October 5th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I'm with you on choice of vendor DVM. I tend to DIY more than buying pedals, but I definitely want some Strymon kit on my board. The trouble is grabbing them during the 20 seconds or so they seem to be available in this country. Either I have cash and no supply, or supply and no cash. The forces will align someday I hope.....

I very much look forward to your thoughts on it when you get her home.