PDA

View Full Version : Would you go here for breakfast?

Robert
October 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Not sure I'd want to break my fast here...

This is downtown Toronto. Effect added in camera (art filter in my Olympus E-620).

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6158/6214195969_112cf2bc08_z.jpg

Eric
October 5th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Before I saw the whole picture, I was thinking "of course -- what's Robert so hesitant about?" But now that I see it....yeah not so sure.

Cool picture though. What's the effect you added in? I don't know anything about photography, so I'm not sure what's different about the photo.

Spudman
October 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Well...doesn't look like anyone could walk by and shoot you through the windows. That's a good thing.

NWBasser
October 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Looks like a likely place to run into Rick Mercer.

That'd be pretty cool.

Ch0jin
October 5th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I've been to far dodgier places in my travels so the answer is YES I would.

Photo filter. H'mm I'm guessing desturate, sharpen, add contrast to taste?

Robert
October 5th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah, it is a quick way to add some grunge to photos. It makes it black and white, sharpens and boost contrast. It also add a bit of grain/noise for that "grungy" effect. Kinda cool sometimes! Neat to have it available in the camera. It's a quick to turn it on and off, so I sometimes turn it on when I see something that I think it might work on. Like the one above.

Algonquin
October 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Cool effect... and I'd have to say 'Yes', I would likely eat here. The Pic is cool because it reminds of something from the Blue's Brothers Chicago Vibe, but T.O. is far from that. Business for the most part is good in this City, and violent crime is not what most might expect it to be.

Ch0jin
October 5th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah, it is a quick way to add some grunge to photos. It makes it black and white, sharpens and boost contrast. It also add a bit of grain/noise for that "grungy" effect. Kinda cool sometimes! Neat to have it available in the camera. It's a quick to turn it on and off, so I sometimes turn it on when I see something that I think it might work on. Like the one above.

Dang, I got a 3 out of 4 then. I missed adding Gaussian noise assuming the camera maybe just went high ISO instead for noise.

Cool pic though and I love the effect.