PDA

View Full Version : Marshall JVM 410H users?

deeaa
October 12th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Robert has one I take it (do you still?), any others here?

I've just made a deal for one, should be finished in 1,5 weeks or so (get the amp that is). Can't wait.

I'm really looking forward to getting to tweak that amp to its full potential...what I have tested it, with factory presets and straight EQ's it seems kinda cold-sounding, too bright and too metal 'wannabe rectifier' quite easily, but that seems to be only surface and with a little tweaking on crunch channel I could pretty quickly get some extremely sweet crunch tones 'a la JMP and 800 series at best, but with sensible volume. Will be much like my JMP-1 rig was, only with 2 more footswitches to use and more adjustments & all tube I think.

One thing is clear - this amp needs its drives tamed, they're all too 'driven' by default, but the EQ section seems incredibly powerful in changing the drive type, I mean, yanking all tone knobs way low drops the channel gain into a more classic sonical territory, which is what I prefer. Also the all-tube construction for even FX loop and such offers huge options for sound sculpting, not to mention there are loads and loads of mods for the amp around...and my 60's greenbacks cab is way warm too so it'll get the sound tamed nicely too, I'd expect.

So I have high hopes of getting what I want from the amph. Would be interested in hearing user comments etc. here too, any modding done etc...?

Robert
October 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Still have mine. Still loving it.

deeaa
October 12th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I figured you would :-) no desires arising for any mods/tweaks? Is it all stock?

Robert
October 13th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I assume mine is stock, I bought it used.

Check the jvmforum.com - there is good info about modding there.

I dunno, I am usually not a modding type of guy, although I may be interested to try something if it for sure made improvements that are noticeable.

The amp sounds great stock, once you learn how to dial it in.