PDA

View Full Version : ANDROID and Tapatalk finally!

deeaa
October 16th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Well, as it is holiday week 4 me, I decided to see how can I improve my old HTC phone. First I installed win 7 Mobile on it and used it for a day,but it was buggy, mainly because it had to be hacked into the phone. So I decided to try android, and after much reading up on it, decided upon Miui.us android version. Installation was a breeze in ten minutes and then it was merely a matter of resurrecting my SD card which wmobile had locked, and now I'm using the latest android.

And boy, this thing is FAST. I put in a theme that makes it look just like iPhone for now, this is fun. Never dreamed a phone OS could be so damned fast and slick...and already installed loads of apps. Live TV on phone, YouTube, Spotify, everything works flawlessly...haven't found a single problem yet. I definitely recommend putting miui.us android on any phone that can take it, this is SUPERB!!!!!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

deeaa
October 16th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Here's a vid I made to show how nice it runs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjYCkbRs4w

marnold
October 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Glad you like it! I'm running Cyanogenmod 7.1 on my HTC Desire. Way better than the stock Eclair or Froyo. No crapware either.

deeaa
October 16th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Cyanogenmod was the other one I considered hard. I guess the two are the most popular ones. Dunno why I chose Miui, maybe it just had more clear descriptions. Terrific OS anyhow...hard to believe it's so good as opposed to commercial solutions! The win 6.5 worked fine, but this is clearly more refined, fast and evolved.

I would have liked win 7 as well I suppose, had it worked smoothly, but being commercial the cracks etc. involved did not interest me. Methinks I'm an Android user from now on!

Rockermann
October 17th, 2011, 06:42 AM
In my opinion, Android is the only way to go. My HTC Merge has been a great phone. At this point I wouldn't even consider another type.

markb
October 21st, 2011, 03:06 AM
HTC Desire S running Gingerbread here. No complaints and you all know what an Apple fanboy I can be :socool