PDA

View Full Version : VHT Deliverance 60 head & 2x12 VHT fat bottom cab or Black Star HT-Stage 60 Combo?

MAXIFUNK
October 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I have been trying to ignore this VHT Deliverance 60 watt head and 2x12 fat bottom cab for about 6 months.
THIS THINGS IS AMAZING I WOULD NEVER NEED ANOTHER HIGH GAIN AMP IN THIS LIFE!!!

I decided to get myself another birthday present this year for the big 49 in a few weeks.
Anyway the Black Star 60 soloist had been the amp I was going with until I played the Black Star HT-Stage 60 the 2x12 makes for a much fuller sound.
Then I tried the VHT and honestly it does not have the bells and whistle of the black star's but man oh man what great clean head room it ha s and all the tube distortion one could ever need or use. The VHT is used but was barley if ever used $1400.00 out the door v.s. $975.00 out the door for the Black Star HT-Stage 60. Here are the specs for both what do you think? What say you Fretters?

VHT (now) Freyette
http://www.sfdamp.com/deliverance_features.html
http://www.sfdamp.com/deliverance_reviews_g1-d60.html

Black Star
http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-amps/ht-60h.html

MAXIFUNK
October 17th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I want something completely different than my Fender DeVille 4x10. Brand new the VHT would run abound $2300.00 USD.
Honestly leaning towards the VHT. They are common but not that common and I can always get the Black Star at a later date like next year for my big 50th.

All though 2012 is screaming Ibanez SR Prestige Bass or better Bass amp combo.

Eric
October 17th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Dude, I'll take your Deville 4x10 if you're itching to get rid of it. $10?

They both seem like excellent amps, but I haven't tried either, so I guess I'll just see what others have to say.

MAXIFUNK
October 17th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Dude, I'll take your Deville 4x10 if you're itching to get rid of it. $10?

Keeping the DeVille getting rid of the Flextone III XL 2x12 Combo.

Katastrophe
October 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I have been trying to ignore this VHT Deliverance 60 watt head and 2x12 fat bottom cab for about 6 months.
THIS THINGS IS AMAZING I WOULD NEVER NEED ANOTHER HIGH GAIN AMP IN THIS LIFE!!!

I think there is your answer.:)

marnold
October 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I think there is your answer.:)
I was going to say the same thing. Caps lock == teh ansar.

MAXIFUNK
October 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Kat and Marnold Honestly both amps have more gain than I'll ever need it is really a hard choice ugh both are completely different than my deville its more the matter of straight up amp with no bells and whistles V.S. the amp with all the bells and whistle one could ever use. I am really torn on this one.

NWBasser
October 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM
All though 2012 is screaming Ibanez SR Prestige Bass or better Bass amp combo.

Well, you just know that I'll strongly suggest the SR Prestige over any amph.

Oh, and by the way, what about pics of your Mesa bass rig?:poke

You know Cebreez delivered with his Kustom rig...

MAXIFUNK
October 18th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Well, you just know that I'll strongly suggest the SR Prestige over any amph.

Oh, and by the way, what about pics of your Mesa bass rig?:poke

You know Cebreez delivered with his Kustom rig...

I'll see if my local gas store can get those they did look great on you tube. Bass rigs pics I need to remember that at our next practice this weekend.

Katastrophe
October 18th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Kat and Marnold Honestly both amps have more gain than I'll ever need it is really a hard choice ugh both are completely different than my deville its more the matter of straight up amp with no bells and whistles V.S. the amp with all the bells and whistle one could ever use. I am really torn on this one.

In that case I would go with the straight up no bells n' whistles amph. You can customize effects to your taste.

Hey, by the way, did you ever listen to any of the suggestions on your metal thread? I'm curious to see what you liked / disliked.