PDA

View Full Version : new guy from Michigan

cheapgtrs
October 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Hello to all. Glad to be here.

Spudman
October 19th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Hi and welcome. What sort of music are you into and what gear do you like to play? We love to talk about that stuff.

cheapgtrs
October 19th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Oh man, I listen to everything. Merle Haggard to Sonic Youth ... Black Sabbath to Rory Gallagher...
The Black Crowes to Clutch. Lol. So yeah, if it sounds good, I dig it.
As far as gear I'm pretty mid grade still. I've only been playing about 3 years but I've managed to collect a small mountain of gear. I've got 2 mexi strats a 1996 and a 2011 , a 02 epiphone dot, a 08 Les Paul STD, 09 Les Paul Jr, a Mitchell 12 string and a old Yamaha 12 string. Also a old Fender acoustic, a couple old banjos that were my granddads, and I'm picking up my first Tele early next week.
I'm usually playing my crate vc5310 but I've also got Vox ac4tv for when the kids asleep and a old Marshall super lead for when I go out, a couple acoustic amps and a couple of beaters. Looking to pickup a Fender Twin in the near future.
I like stuff like Radiohead and Pink Floyd alot so I'm into pedals and sound manipulation. So there's a little of this and a little of that lying around.
Anyway, sorry for long post. Great to be here.
Charlie

sunvalleylaw
October 19th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Hi cheapgtrs! Welcome to the party! Don't be sorry for the post, great to know a bit about you. I love my MIM strat also.

Tig
October 19th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Wow, you sound like many others around here, which is good, I hope! Welcome to The Fret.

There is so much good music out there, it is a shame to not enjoy as much of it as you can. I listen to a huge variety as well, and have been exposed to dozens of bands and musicians here that I'm now a fan of. The Have You Heard sub-forum (http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php/37-Have-You-Heard) is good for that.

deeaa
October 19th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Yep sounds like you're gonna fit right in :-) welcome!

cheapgtrs
October 20th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome :-)

Robert
October 20th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome! We love both cheap guitars and expensive ones. :)

bcdon
October 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Welcome aboard!! :dude

marnold
October 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Whereabouts are you from in Michigan? I'm originally from Bay City.

cheapgtrs
October 20th, 2011, 06:13 PM
The southwest in Berrien county.

Pickngrin
October 26th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome Charlie. I am sure that you will find that there are good people here. That is a nice pile of gear!

Radioboy950
October 26th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Michigan greetings Charlie. I'm in the Detroit area...but am quite familiar with the southwest. I used to live right across the street from the Lake Michigan shore in South Haven. Good times.

Gibbo
October 28th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hi Charlie, fellow newbie here. Sounds like you got some nice gear accumulated already. Liking your taste in music too .

FrankenFretter
October 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome, Charlie. No shame in amassing some inexpensive gear, you aren't the only one here who has a few "good bang for the buck" guitars!

Cheers!

Katastrophe
October 29th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Oh man, I listen to everything. Merle Haggard to Sonic Youth ... Black Sabbath to Rory Gallagher...
The Black Crowes to Clutch. Lol. So yeah, if it sounds good, I dig it.
As far as gear I'm pretty mid grade still. I've only been playing about 3 years but I've managed to collect a small mountain of gear. I've got 2 mexi strats a 1996 and a 2011 , a 02 epiphone dot, a 08 Les Paul STD, 09 Les Paul Jr, a Mitchell 12 string and a old Yamaha 12 string. Also a old Fender acoustic, a couple old banjos that were my granddads, and I'm picking up my first Tele early next week.
I'm usually playing my crate vc5310 but I've also got Vox ac4tv for when the kids asleep and a old Marshall super lead for when I go out, a couple acoustic amps and a couple of beaters. Looking to pickup a Fender Twin in the near future.
I like stuff like Radiohead and Pink Floyd alot so I'm into pedals and sound manipulation. So there's a little of this and a little of that lying around.
Anyway, sorry for long post. Great to be here.
Charlie

Dude, welcome! I hope you enjoy the place... We all love guitars and music, and love to talk about them! I dig your musical choices and choice of gear.

cheapgtrs
October 29th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks everyone :-D