PDA

View Full Version : Way Huge Foot Pig fuzz pedal demo

Retro Hound
October 19th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Forgive my playing. I should have warmed up more before making the vid.

The Way Huge Foot Pig, 103 or so made. Based on the Arbiter Fuzz Face. "A sixty's style, negative nine volt, fuzz with germanium PNP transistors." Guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra. Amp is a Vox VT-30 set on Tweed 4x10 (based on the Fender Bassman).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIu0PASSXZg

Eric
October 20th, 2011, 09:28 AM
That was a nice demo and a good-sounding pedal. I actually liked the sound with the tone rolled back: kind of a choked, fuzzy sound.

Thanks for posting that.

Retro Hound
October 21st, 2011, 07:25 AM
I'd welcome any input on making better demos. I think my first one is find a good guitar player. :dude

Eric
October 21st, 2011, 08:21 AM
I'd welcome any input on making better demos. I think my first one is find a good guitar player.
Nah, I think you did a fine job with the playing. I actually did like your demo a lot more than many of the demos I see out there. You played the same stuff for each setting, gave a good idea of the sound without the pedal, and worked through some of the different things you could do with the pedal. Very straightforward, and it gave me a decent idea of what the pedal is all about.

A lot of demos on youtube seem to be largely about watching the person show off, which might be interesting, but it takes away from the equipment itself.

Retro Hound
October 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Well thanks Eric, that's just what I was trying to do!

Ch0jin
October 23rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
Nice one Retro :)

For my money the simple old PNP Fuzzface circuit produces the best guitar fuzz sound around, and from the clip, it sounds like the Foot Pig is full to the brim with Germanium fuzz goodness!

I've made three Ge PNP Fuzz faces with three different types of transistors and loved all of them. I hear the basic sound of all of them in your demo too.

You'll find loads of Fuzz love on my pedal board including my own versions of a BMP, FuzzFace, Woolly Mammoth, Octavia, and Fulltone '69 (although I'm about to gut the '69 and use the Ge's in the Octavia) so always happy to talk all things fuzz :)

Oh and don't worry about the quality of playing dude. This is my first fuzz demo on here HERE (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/7633-The-First-Fuzz?highlight=)

No Video, No changing of settings, just maxed out fuzzzzzzzzzzzzz.