PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Sweden

ajaxajax2000
October 22nd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hi all!!!

Just checking in to see what's up here. Looks like a good site.

Here's my setup:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/ajaxajax2000/Music/P1010779.jpg

Peter http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/ajaxajax2000/Smilies/jam.gif

Sweden

'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio - Wine Red
'11 Epiphone SG G-400 - Cherry

Blackstar HT Studio 20 combo

Tig
October 22nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome to The Fret! We have many fellow Swedes here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the place.

I'm a sucker for wine red LP's, and your looks great. I'll have to try a Blackstar like that as well, since I've heard so many good things about them.

Robert
October 22nd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Tjena Peter!
Thanks for joining. Sweet guitars, they look like!

Where in Sweden do you live? I am from Umea myself.

What music do you play?

bcdon
October 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Peter! Can't have enough Swedes around here. :dude

ajaxajax2000
October 22nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Tjena Peter!
Thanks for joining. Sweet guitars, they look like!

Where in Sweden do you live? I am from Umea myself.

What music do you play?

Hi Robert.

I'm in Uppsala. Nice to hear a Swede from Canada!!! I'm mostly into blues, but still got a loooooooong way to go......

I'm a fan of SRV, Duane Allman, Santana, Derek Trucks, etc. But also non guitarists like Paul Butterfield, Charlie Parker, Mozart... Just to name a few...:dance

ajaxajax2000
October 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Welcome to The Fret! We have many fellow Swedes here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the place.

I'm a sucker for wine red LP's, and your looks great. I'll have to try a Blackstar like that as well, since I've heard so many good things about them.

Hi Doug,

... and thx for the welcome. Yeah, the Blackstar is awesome. I only had it for a few days now, but it seems like a very BIG lite amp... Can really recommend it!

Peter

ajaxajax2000
October 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
"Welcome to The Fret, Peter! Can't have enough Swedes around here. "

Thx. Will try to live up to that..... :AOK

Spudman
October 22nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
I'm in Uppsala.

Cool! That's where my heroes Roine Stolt and Jonas Reingold live (The Flower Kings, Transatlantic, The Tangent, Karmakanic).

Welcome to the forum.

guitartango
October 22nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Nice Gibson Peter, I have one too (old model).

+1 for the British amp.

sunvalleylaw
October 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hi Peter! Welcome! I have a swedish guitar (well, chinese made Hagstrom) and would love to see your country one day! Also a Roine fan here. I like his solo blues stuff.

deeaa
October 23rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Hel, välkommen och du ska säkert ha kul här tror jag...en Finne här, som besöker Sverige då och då. Min fru är också halv svensk. Min svensk är dåligt...luckily it is just English here :-)

ajaxajax2000
October 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Got the Gibson itch today and swapped my Epi SG (and some $$$) for a Gibson SG Special. So now my setup is:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/ajaxajax2000/Music/P1010808.jpg

ZMAN
October 27th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I have a Gibson SG Special, only mine is a 1968 original. Very nice guitars. I also have an Epi SG and a Gibson SG standard.
You can't go wrong with a Gibson SG. My Favourite is the full pickgaurd Standard and Special. I don't like the half guard on the 61. Dot neck is sweet as well. How do you like the neck placement on the body and the availability of the higher frets compared to the LP?

Tig
October 27th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Got the Gibson itch today and swapped my Epi SG (and some $$$) for a Gibson SG Special. So now my setup is:

Excellent upgrade! I like several Epiphones, but I'd rather have the Gibson's you have.
HNGD!

Brian Krashpad
October 31st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Congrats on the SG and welcome! I used to have a G400 like yours (but mine was black), and my rhythm guitarist in my main band has a Gibson SG like yours (but his is black).

Ch0jin
October 31st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Hel, välkommen och du ska säkert ha kul här tror jag...en Finne här, som besöker Sverige då och då. Min fru är också halv svensk. Min svensk är dåligt...luckily it is just English here :-)

Lucky indeed! Babelfish doesn't seem to do Swedish or Finnish, so I can't even tell which language you are using!!! :)

I think you said something like "Welcome" (pretty close word to the German version), then something about you being from Finland and your (girlfriend/wife?) is half Swedish but your Swedish is not that good.

Anyway...

Welcome Ajax and greetings from Australia :)

FrankenFretter
October 31st, 2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome aboard! Nice gear setup. I have a Blackstar as well, although mine is a Chinese-made HT-5 head. I do love that amp, though!

I've always liked the full guard on the SGs. To my eyes, it just looks more complete. That is a great looking SG!

otaypanky
October 31st, 2011, 10:29 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/Emoticons/006.gif

Gibbo
November 2nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Hey, I love your Wine Red LP Studio ! There's something really cool about that stripped down look. Also really like your Blackstar.....I've been thinking about buying a HT Stage 60 for a while now, Tried one out at a dealer and loved it..............just need to justify buying another amp to my wife !!!!!!!

Lev
November 3rd, 2011, 06:01 AM
Welcome Peter, my name is also Peter and I also use a Blackstar amp (Club 40)

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/plevins/IMG-20110721-00133.jpg