PDA

View Full Version : Good guitar day.

Taurus
October 22nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I had a good guitar day, today. Right from the git. Everything flowed, trouble spots were overcome with ease, fingers were agile...Had the day off and was hitting the guitar in between chores. In the 3 or 4 sessions I had on my Strat, all was well. Plus, I could hear the lead lines I was learning without using the device I have for slowing 'em down. Blues, so not a whole lot of notes, but still...

A bad guitar day is when I obsess on some 3 second long passage that I just cant get. Or my ring finger on my left hand is sluggish. Or some other problem.
The ring finger is the only finger that is not independent. Plus, I have a small synovial cyst on my middle finger that needs removal. Doesnt hurt, but doesnt help, either.

I only pushed the envelope forward a few inches, learning some new licks and beginning a new song, but the facility and ease felt good.

I'm into my cups, and will retire now, but with my Strat on my chest. I wish you all a good guitar day.

Spudman
October 22nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Riding the crest is a good thing. Just don't forget that crests exist when you're in the bottom of a trough. It's great to hear that you had the "flow" going on.:beer: